Sodalitis 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sodalitis 2018

Who is coming to Sodalitis? I am trying very hard to get to go. Due to my husband's job I have to bring my 9 and 11 year olds with me. I found a camp at the Louisville Zoo, but it is a whole week long. I am trying to find a babysitter for the 2 days. I also need to find a decent hotel nearby (recommendations?). I just saw that there was a post about attendees last year, and I thought it would be helpful for anyone attending to know in advance who else will be there. I cannot wait to meet Colomama and Howiecram, plus obviously Cheryl Swope!
    JeJe Greer
    Mom to:
    Stella 9th grade with half MP and half Schole Academy classes
    Clara (Combination of SC 5/6 and 4th New User)

Re: Sodalitis 2018

I will be there. I will be presenting "Homeschooling an only child", which my husband thinks is hilarious (we have 4 kids). I believe this might be what my kids call Intentionally Ironic.

All us Jennifers are going to need badges like Thing 1 and Thing 2. Mary and Jessica, have you thought of how to handle that?

Jen
    DS, 28 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace)

DS, 26 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 23 yrs, graduated from The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC; 2nd grade teacher.

DS, 13 yrs, 9th grade; attends a private classical school, 7th - 12th.

All homeschooled for some/all of their K-12 education.

Me: retired after 16 years of continuous homeschooling, now a high school chemistry teacher at a large Catholic high school

Comment

Ha! I hadn't thought about that Jen. Have you read Goodbye, Mr. Chips? Maybe we can line you up and dub you Jennifer prima, Jennifer secunda, Jennifer tertia, etc.

Hotels-two are listed on the information pages on the MP site that have block rooms reserved. Local VRBOs and AirB&Bs can also be an affordable option. Just make sure you are near the Spring Meadows campus on Shelbyville Rd. not the Crescent Hill campus more downtown.

Childcare: I think some of you locals might want to look into this as a business opportunity! This is not the first person I've talked to who needs childcare for both days. Perhaps you know of HLS teens or trusted college students who could offer something?
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
      DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
      DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
      DD 7th • HLN & Home
      DS 4th • HLN & Home
      Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; Memoria College

Teaching TFL and co-directing @
      Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

I'll be there as well -- one more Jennifer to the mix!
        Jennifer
        Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
        DS18: Almost done!
        DS17: MP, MPOA
        DS15: MP, MPOA
        DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
        DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
        DD9: SC3
        DD6: MPK

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
          Ha! I hadn't thought about that Jen. Have you read Goodbye, Mr. Chips? Maybe we can line you up and dub you Jennifer prima, Jennifer secunda, Jennifer tertia, etc.

Hmm... as long as it isn't age linked, that could work.

Jen, who most likely would "win" for Old Jennifer <grumpy sigh>
          DS, 28 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace)

DS, 26 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, ENGAGED!

DD, 23 yrs, graduated from The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC; 2nd grade teacher.

DS, 13 yrs, 9th grade; attends a private classical school, 7th - 12th.

All homeschooled for some/all of their K-12 education.

Me: retired after 16 years of continuous homeschooling, now a high school chemistry teacher at a large Catholic high school

Comment

Originally posted by Jen (formerly) in Japan View Post
            I will be there. I will be presenting "Homeschooling an only child", which my husband thinks is hilarious (we have 4 kids). I believe this might be what my kids call Intentionally Ironic.

All us Jennifers are going to need badges like Thing 1 and Thing 2. Mary and Jessica, have you thought of how to handle that?

Jen
            I am a Jennifer but I go by JeJe, so at least we have one down!
            JeJe Greer
            Mom to:

Comment

Hotels-two are listed on the information pages on the MP site that have block rooms reserved. Local VRBOs and AirB&Bs can also be an affordable option. Just make sure you are near the Spring Meadows campus on Shelbyville Rd. not the Crescent Hill campus more downtown.

Childcare: I think some of you locals might want to look into this as a business opportunity! This is not the first person I've talked to who needs childcare for both days. Perhaps you know of HLS teens or trusted college students who could offer something?
              The information pages on the MP site would probably be a good place for me to look before asking questions. I will have two golden retrievers with me so I kind of doubt that I'm going to be able to get a VRBO.

I have a college friend who lives in Louisville and I have asked if his daughters would be willing to watch the girls. I'm trying to be very enticing so I have offered to pay them and buy all four girls tickets to the Kentucky amusement park and water park for the two days. I have not heard back so I'm happy to offer the same thing for anyone else who has a daughter of driving age.
              JeJe Greer
              Mom to:

Comment

Wow. We could do a door prize for the most common name at the conference, but we would go broke handing out all the Jennifer prizes!

Tanya

Comment

J(f)iJ,

What about by height? Or alphabetical order based on your last names? Or we could have a contest with feats of strength?
                  Haha! I would never line up women based on age, ever....ever, ever, ever.
                  Festina lentē,
                  Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
                  DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
                  DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
                  DD 7th • HLN & Home
                  DS 4th • HLN & Home
                  Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; Memoria College

Teaching TFL and co-directing @
                  Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

J(f)iJ,

What about by height? Or alphabetical order based on your last names? Or we could have a contest with feats of strength?
                    Haha! I would never line up women based on age, ever....ever, ever, ever.
                    Aren't we listing both name and forum name and/or hometown on the name tags? I mean, if J(f)iJ really wants, we could list her as "The Jen formerly known as 'Jen in Japan'"...and maybe give her a cool symbol like Prince. I mean, the artist formerl....nevermind.
                    Mary

DD15 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I & Latin IV + VideoText math
                    DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science + CLRC HS Latin I + VideoText math
                    DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Originally posted by OrthodoxHandmaiden View Post
                      Aren't we listing both name and forum name and/or hometown on the name tags? I mean, if J(f)iJ really wants, we could list her as "The Jen formerly known as 'Jen in Japan'"...and maybe give her a cool symbol like Prince. I mean, the artist formerl....nevermind.
                      That is awesome! I so hope I get to come and meet you all. You are all quite funny! And quite smart!
                      JeJe Greer
                      Mom to:

Comment

Add another Jen to the list! I am excited to be attending for the 1st time.

Comment

Ok, so when I forget someone's name, I will automatically default to "Jen."

Any non-Jen, be forewarned to not be offended. Some of us just have very old, very tired brains!

AMDG,
                          Sarah
                          2020-2021
                          16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
                          DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
                          DS, 17
                          DD, 15
                          DD, 13
                          DD, 11
                          DD, 9
                          DD, 7
                          +DS+
                          DS, 2

Comment

Adding one more Jen to the gathering. In third grade there were six Jennifer's in my class- the teacher numbered us as Jen 1, Jen 2.... Always reminded me of Thing 1 and 2. lol
                            Homeschooling since the dark ages of 2001

14 yo son- MP 8th grade
                            Four graduates (20,23,25,27)

Comment

Working...
                            X