Loose Papers in a Planner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose Papers in a Planner

Hello! I'm going to be doing an almost full core with my 4th and 2nd grades this fall. I'm going to be continuing with some other curricula we've come to love and will be switching up or down some levels with the MP curricula. So! I can't use the curriculum manuals as written.

I plan on purchasing the editable MP planner to print planners for my kids. Since I have to reinvent the wheel anyway (sigh) I thought I might add some of the loose papers to the planner. For example, I'd have the weekly planner sheets for one week followed by the a Latin drill page, a spelling list page, and a math facts drill page all to be completed that same week.

Has anyone done something like this? Any thoughts on pros or cons? Are there other worksheets I could include?

Thanks everyone!
    ~ Carrie
    Catholic mom to four - ages 10, 8, 5, and 3
    7th year homeschooling, 2nd year MP!
    2019-2020: 5M (LC year 2), 3M (LC year 2), and K enrichment!

Re: Loose Papers in a Planner

What about this? Since you can't control the pacing in all the subjects what about having a section behind the plans where you have all the Latin worksheets, then all the spelling worksheets, etc. rather than have them pre-divided by weeks? If you get off a few days you'll have to reorganize the whole thing. Flipping back to a divider and finding the correct week's lesson is something they should be able to do. I'm not sure what else you are adding in, but hopefully you won't have much to organize. I do print out all the quizzes and tests for the MP subjects at the beginning of the year (applicable to your fourth grader mostly). Those go into their own 3-ring notebook with a divider for each subject so they are at the ready all year long. Once the assessment is marked, it goes right back in the binder.

HTH!
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Not in the same category as worksheets, but make sure you get recitations in there. This is one of the things I love about the curriculum manuals!
      2018/2019
      Dd 12: MP 7A and First Form Greek
      Ds 10: MP 5M
      Ds 5: MP K

Comment

Lessoned learned with spelling. I had them all cutely divided out by week. Fail. Sometimes we have the joy of repeating a lesson and now all of that prearranged stuff is out of whack.

Next year's plan. The PDF of each subject followed by it's specific printouts. So, I can quickly check off what was completed on that PDF and grab the next needed worksheets.

If you want to have a week at a glance type schedule, being able to flip to each subject and see what's next in order to fill it in makes life easier.
        Married to DH for 14 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS11- Simply Classical 5/6
        DD9- Simply Classical 5/6 (neurotypical, but schooling with big brother to save mom's sanity)
        DD 6- Classic Core First Grade

We've completed:
        Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
        Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I can see the wisdom in dividing the pages by subject instead of week... and adding the recitation is some thing I definitely would have missed!

I'll have the lesson plans printed out for my own binder to refer to when setting up the kids' weeks. I think adding all of it to theirs might make it too bulky. Granted. The original manuals are pretty thick....
          ~ Carrie
          Catholic mom to four - ages 10, 8, 5, and 3
          7th year homeschooling, 2nd year MP!
          2019-2020: 5M (LC year 2), 3M (LC year 2), and K enrichment!

Comment

Working...
          X