Just a suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a suggestion

I've been adding in The Early Reader's Bible for my 1st grader to read during the week on the days that don't have any other Bible work and it's been a really good addition. So, anyone else wanting to give their kids more practice in reading and allow them to read the Bible themselves, might want to consider it. It's a really sweet book. I think it'd be a good addition to the program as a whole, too.

Blessings,
    Lisa in Jax
    Mom to:
    Allison (26 graduated from homeschool)
    Jonathan (24 graduated from homeschool)
    Genevieve (15 using MP 7th)
    Isaac (13 using MP first time 4th)
    Sophia (11 using MP 3rd grade)
    David (8 using MP 1st grade)
    Charlotte (6 using MPK)

Re: Just a suggestion

Any practice reading is a good idea. For the actual subject of Christian Studies, I'm not sure you want to tie the amount of information presented to her reading ability at this stage. Students can understand and process more advanced material than they are able to read. So definitely let her read her story in the younger Bible but follow up her story by reading from a more advanced account to her. Or, if she is an advanced reader, let her read a section from The Story Bible, just watch for decoding fatigue and ensure comprehension with frequent questions about what she read.

Beginning in third grade students will be reading sections from the The Golden Children's Bible.

Blessings,
    Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle T View Post
      Any practice reading is a good idea. For the actual subject of Christian Studies, I'm not sure you want to tie the amount of information presented to her reading ability at this stage. Students can understand and process more advanced material than they are able to read. So definitely let her read her story in the younger Bible but follow up her story by reading from a more advanced account to her. Or, if she is an advanced reader, let her read a section from The Story Bible, just watch for decoding fatigue and ensure comprehension with frequent questions about what she read.

Beginning in third grade students will be reading sections from the The Golden Children's Bible.

Blessings,
      Michelle
      Hi Michelle,

I'm only using it on days that there is no Bible work. I'm still reading the Bible story each week, it's just that this book allows my early reader, to read the word himself. He's definitely not ready for something harder. It's just the right amount for a child just starting to read real books.

Bible only has something 2 days a week in the lesson plans, in addition to the Copywork memory verses from K.

Blessings,
      Lisa in Jax
      Mom to:
      Allison (26 graduated from homeschool)
      Jonathan (24 graduated from homeschool)
      Genevieve (15 using MP 7th)
      Isaac (13 using MP first time 4th)
      Sophia (11 using MP 3rd grade)
      David (8 using MP 1st grade)
      Charlotte (6 using MPK)

Comment