Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Form lesson 26 worksheet 2

Hello!

My son came to me with a question about this worksheet, specifically the section on endings for 4th and 3rd io present system passive endings. My quick response was that they have the same endings. That didn't satisfy him because of the difference in 2nd person singular. The TM has "eris" listed as the right response, but it's "ris" in 4th conjugation, right?

I confess that he has outpaced me in learning Latin and has been on his own this semester. This last unit has been a challenge! I have been trying to figure things out as situations arise without the benefit of moving through the last units with him. Perhaps we are overthinking this or the answer is obvious, if so I apologize!

Thank you,
    Amy

Re: Second Form lesson 26 worksheet 2

Originally posted by MAP7 View Post
    Hello!

My son came to me with a question about this worksheet, specifically the section on endings for 4th and 3rd io present system passive endings. My quick response was that they have the same endings. That didn't satisfy him because of the difference in 2nd person singular. The TM has "eris" listed as the right response, but it's "ris" in 4th conjugation, right?

I confess that he has outpaced me in learning Latin and has been on his own this semester. This last unit has been a challenge! I have been trying to figure things out as situations arise without the benefit of moving through the last units with him. Perhaps we are overthinking this or the answer is obvious, if so I apologize!

Thank you,
    Amy
    You're not overthinking at all! The 3rd io and 4th do share the same passive endings EXCEPT in the 2nd-person singular of the present tense. This is noted in the Student Text in the last bullet point of Lesson 26, but it also needs to be noted on Worksheet 2 in the Workbook. Thanks for catching that!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
    X