Third Form Lesson 28 Quiz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Form Lesson 28 Quiz

In this quiz, part C Translate, #2 "Currum celeriorem vidi" -- my son translated it "I saw the rather fast chariot." The answer key says, "I have seen a faster chariot." Is his translation also acceptable? If not, can you please explain why not, so that he can understand his mistake? Thank you very much for your help.

Re: Third Form Lesson 28 Quiz

Originally posted by mommyt5 View Post
    In this quiz, part C Translate, #2 "Currum celeriorem vidi" -- my son translated it "I saw the rather fast chariot." The answer key says, "I have seen a faster chariot." Is his translation also acceptable? If not, can you please explain why not, so that he can understand his mistake? Thank you very much for your help.
    Your son's translation is also correct. "Rather fast" is an alternative to "faster," and "saw" is an alternative to "have seen." Some of the most common acceptable alternatives are listed in the Translation Checklist at the beginning of the Workbook (p. 4).
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Re: Third Form Lesson 28 Quiz

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Your son's translation is also correct. "Rather fast" is an alternative to "faster," and "saw" is an alternative to "have seen." Some of the most common acceptable alternatives are listed in the Translation Checklist at the beginning of the Workbook (p. 4).
      Thank you for pointing out the Translation Checklist. I don't know how we never noticed that before! Actually, I thought his verb translation was ok, but we weren't sure if it was acceptable to use "rather fast" in that sentence. Thank you for your prompt response.

Comment

Working...
      X