First Form Latin Quiz 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Form Latin Quiz 10

I am wondering about the vocabulary section on Quiz 10 in First Form Latin. The English is listed as "to address", "to wait for, expect". Half of my kids wrote the infinitive form for an answer (appellare and expectare) because they say the word "to" makes it infinitive; however, your answer key gave only the dictionary form (first principal part, appello and exspecto.) Is there anything wrong with them answering with the infinitive here? I know in Lesson 9 it specifically asked for the infinitive form, but this one didn't. I'd appreciate any insight into this that anyone has.... Thanks

There is nothing wrong with them putting the infinitive there. However, unless otherwise stated the Form Series always wants the four principal parts when it asks for the translation of a verb in the vocabulary section. Since they only know the 1st conjugation so far, they only need the first principal part to identify the verb. Later on these 1st conjugation verbs will be identified with a (1) after the first principal part: voco (1). This will become clearer when you get into the 2nd conjugation.

Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Director, Schools Division
    Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you.
      Last edited by gracedays; 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
      X