Help, FFL L27, Worksheet 6, question #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, FFL L27, Worksheet 6, question #4

Hello! I'm looking at the answer key to help my daughter. She claims they have not learned 3rd declension adj. (she says they have learned 3rd declension nouns). The answer key lists "malus" as a 3rd declension. Also, we need help understanding how to know where to place "bad". (I see it goes with soldier, but what should I tell her to be looking for to know whether it goes with king or soldier?)
    Christine

(2021/2022)
    DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
    DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
    DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1

Hi, Christine.

Jon is out sick, so I'm going to do the best I can here, and he may need to come clean up the mess. I think the fact that we have listed this as a 3rd decl. adj. is a mistake. It should say 1/2 for the declension. Your daughter is correct that she hasn't learned 3rd decl. adjectives. And on p. 49 in the text, bullet 1, it explains that adjectives of quality often follow the nouns they modify, and adjectives of quantity precede the nouns they modify. Since "malus" is an adjective of quality, it precedes the noun it modifies, which would be "miles." Generally, you are going to find the adjectives very closely attached to the nouns they modify.

Does that help?

Tanya

Comment

Yes! Thank you!
      Christine

(2021/2022)
      DD1 8/23/09 - Mix of MP5 and MP6 (SFL, Birds, R&S 6 Math, Language Arts with Grandma)
      DS2 9/1/11 - MP4M
      DD3 2/9/13 -MP2/MP3

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6, MP4 + FFL and R&S Math 5, MPOA Fable
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1, SC5/6 Year 1
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1

Comment

Working...
      X