Latina Christiana Ludere Latina parse strings lesson 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latina Christiana Ludere Latina parse strings lesson 8

My son is doing Latina Christiana lesson 8. In the Ludere Latine book, we are on lesson 8 Parse Strings. The answer key says moras is accusative plural. The book chart says the accusative plural ending is -os. Why is it moras and not moros?

Thank you for any help!
    2020-2021 Ninth year homeschooling, second year using MP cores

DD - grade 8; also in AHG and Tae Kwon Do
    DS - grade 4; also in Trail Life and Tae Kwon Do

Five born to Heaven, between 2009 and 2014; because of them we have a ministry called Naomi's Circle for parents walking the path of pregnancy loss

DH is a bivocational pastor

Celebrating 19 years of marriage this year!

Hello,

Mora is a first declension noun, which means it uses a certain set of endings to show each case and number. For the first declension, the accusative plural ending is -as. You are correct in saying that -os is an accusative singular ending, but for nouns of the second declension only.

Incidentally, moros IS the accusative plural of a completely different word, morus, which is a mulberry tree. That's not a vocab word in LC or the Forms, though, because how often are we going to talk about mulberries, really?

- Jon

Comment

Never mind. I just realized that moras is a first declension noun, not second declension. I’m learning too!

Five born to Heaven, between 2009 and 2014; because of them we have a ministry called Naomi's Circle for parents walking the path of pregnancy loss

Comment

Thank you, Jon!! I feel silly for asking now, and I appreciate your helpful answer!!

Mulberry bush - yes, all I can think of is the nursery rhyme! LOL!

Originally posted by Jon Christianson View Post
        Hello,

Mora is a first declension noun, which means it uses a certain set of endings to show each case and number. For the first declension, the accusative plural ending is -as. You are correct in saying that -os is an accusative singular ending, but for nouns of the second declension only.

Incidentally, moros IS the accusative plural of a completely different word, morus, which is a mulberry tree. That's not a vocab word in LC or the Forms, though, because how often are we going to talk about mulberries, really?

- Jon

Comment

Working...
        X