Third Form help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Form help please!

Can someone help me with a Third Form question? On lesson 4 worksheet 5 drill D; #10 is masculine while 7-9 are feminine. The subjects are all non specific pronouns (to, cos, ego, nos and the Perfect passive participle is Laudatus a um.

Thank you!!!!
    -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
    2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
    Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Hello,

When your subject is a personal pronoun like ego or tu, the gender of the participle is up to context. If we knew who was speaking, it would either be masculine for certain or feminine for certain. As it is, either one works... unless having a certain ending conflicts with the provided being verb.

Hope this helps,
    - Jon

Comment

Yes it does. So those homework specific questions could be Masculine or feminine and still be correct? Also I apologize for all of the auto corrects in my post above! Thankfully you understood me!
      To be clear as I go forward, students can practice using either or unless it’s clear from the passage?
      -Amy

2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
      Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Ok, I think I get how I confused myself unnecessarily!!! A student had a question and then the nature of that particular exercise had me mixed up but I see what I did!! Thank you for clarifying.
        -Amy

Comment

Working...
        X