OT Umbrella Schools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT Umbrella Schools?

This is somewhat off topic, but I am looking around at umbrella school options that offer diplomas (for my oldest son who may not be college bound and also not really eligible for MPOA's diploma program). I, of course want something that will mix well with MP. I see a lot of people here seem to use Kolbe Academy - which looks nice - if we were Catholic ... Does anyone know of something similar that is either protestant or mere Christianity in persuasion?
    -Thanks

Much will depend on your home state. I'm in Tennessee and love HomeLife Academy. I don't need them for much, but they know what they are doing, have a good website & online resources, provide a diploma, and work well with the MP course of studies (i.e. I'm counting Cicero for civics for TN state grad requirement, MP Lit plus classical composition equals English 9 Honors). They provide many additional services that I do not utilize.

www.homelifeacademy.com
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out - I'm in Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Julia View Post
        This is somewhat off topic, but I am looking around at umbrella school options that offer diplomas (for my oldest son who may not be college bound and also not really eligible for MPOA's diploma program). I, of course want something that will mix well with MP. I see a lot of people here seem to use Kolbe Academy - which looks nice - if we were Catholic ... Does anyone know of something similar that is either protestant or mere Christianity in persuasion?
        -Thanks
        I don't know for sure if Kolbe is the best option, regardless. However, I did want to point out that with Kolbe you actually don't have to do ANY of their courses, so if you want that umbrella, you might actually be able to get it. I know of people that use Kolbe, that are not Catholic. So, if you wanted to do all MP, you actually could. I have no idea how that actually looks in practice, but it might be worth investigating if you can't find something else?
        Christine

(2019/2020)
        DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
        DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
        DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
        DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Working...
        X