Used Books / Book Buyback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Books / Book Buyback

Is there any method in place to return unused books at the end of the year? For instance, we ended up not using Copybook Cursive II at all - I'm happy, frankly, to give it back so I don't have it (and others) sitting on my shelves. Maybe there's a potential to create a swap or to sell used curriculum at a discount? Or if something already exists please enlighten me!

Thank you,
    Julie

There is a facebook MP Buy/Sell. Maybe check there?
    Amanda
    Mama to three crazy boys - 6A, 5A, 1

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Thanks! This is what I get for trying not to go on Facebook

Comment

Is there another forum for selling books? I don't have facebook. I thought I was thinking ahead and purchased the second grade core in March, but we've decide several of the books don't work for us. The books are brand new and current for this year but outside of MP's return policy. We need the money. Any way I can sell these? Any help is appreciated!

Comment

Hello.

We don't have a used book site at MP. I'm not sure where you can sell your books.

Tanya

Comment

Homeschoolclassifieds.com
            Married to DH for 13 years. Living the rural life in the Colorado mountains

DS10- Simply Classical 4 / Grade 3 Classic Core,
            DD8- Grade 2 Classic Core,
            DD 6- Classic Core Kindergarten

Comment

eBay is good if you have several things to sell. You have to pay a fee, but it has been worth it not to have to deal with people lowballing you, asking a million questions, giving you sob stories, and then not buying the items after all. That was my experience with homeschool classifieds awhile back. Maybe it is the introvert in me that doesn’t like dealing with people. I would check out the Facebook group, but I am not on Facebook either. Cathswap on yahoogroups is pretty active and I see Memoria Press stuff listed there fairly often.
              Dorinda

For 2019-2020
              DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
              DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
              DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
              DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

I am lucky in that there is a homeschool curriculum store about an hour from me that buys/sells new and used homeschool curriculum materials. This has been a great source for affordable novels and was invaluable when I sold off all of the bits and pieces I'd tried from various curriculum companies before switching solely to MP several years ago. You might do a search to see if there is a place like this near you (I'd never heard of the place by me until I did this very thing - I just searched and it popped up!). Search "homeschool curriculum" or "used curriculum" and your state or city and see what comes up - you might be surprised.

We also have Half Price Books stores, which will buy curriculum. Be aware that if you go to a store like this, you will not get as much as you would at a homeschool curriculum store or on eBay.

Lastly, if you also have children's clothing and toys to sell, you might try selling at one of the nationwide consignment sales (Just Between Friends, Divine Consign, etc.). They will accept curriculum and books at their sales and they usually sell very well (but it may not be worth your time if all you need to sell is a few books - these are best if you also have toys and clothing to sell, as well). You set your prices, print your tags and then drop off at the sale site. This site will give you more information - click on your state toward the bottom of the main page: https://www.consignmentsalefinder.org/
                Mary

DD14 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek
                DS12 - 7th core
                DD8 - Still finishing 1st core at her own happy pace :-)

Comment

Y'all are so helpful! Thank you for all the tips!

Comment

Working...
                  X