Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ClassicalU, Circe Atrium/Apprenticeship, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClassicalU, Circe Atrium/Apprenticeship, etc.

My son is only 2.5 y.o., but I’d like to take this time to develop my understanding of classical education and my teaching skills so I can excel at being his teacher and one day teach at a classical school. When my son is in high school, I’d like to become a certified classical teacher through the Circe Apprenticeship (any Circe Apprenticeship grads in the forum?) but am considering ClassicalU (CAP) and/or Circe’s Atrium (either the 7 Liberal Arts or Norms and Nobility) while my son is still a toddler. Thoughts on these resources or recommendations for alternatives? Thank you!
    Jen

DS - 2.5 - Preschool

Good for you! I would recommend reading on your own for a while before you dive into any specific programs. That way you can get your bearings a little bit before you start spending money! Well, I do recommend buying books! The MP store has great classical educational resource books. If you haven't read those they would be an excellent starting point. Depending on what you want to teach you could start going deep in your subject area (Latin? Literature? Science? Etc). I can tell you as someone who runs a school that an applicant that can go deep in multiple areas of study is a huge blessing!
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Here you go! https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...nal-resources/
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

@ Home, HLN, & MPOA
      S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
      D · 8th
      D · 5th
      S · 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
        Thank you! I was hoping you would say read on my own first. Those courses are not cheap. Good point about going deep into the subject I’d like to teach. Initially I was planning on the grammar years for future teaching, but I may end up falling in love with a particular subject down the road.
        Jen

DS - 2.5 - Preschool

Comment

The more versatile you can become the better because not every school needs an X (whatever you happen to be). You have so many years ahead! Enjoy the journey!
          Festina lentē,
          Jessica P

@ Home, HLN, & MPOA
          S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
          D · 8th
          D · 5th
          S · 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
            The more versatile you can become the better because not every school needs an X (whatever you happen to be). You have so many years ahead! Enjoy the journey!
            Thanks for the advice, and I will enjoy it indeed!
            Jen

DS - 2.5 - Preschool

Comment

Working...
            X