Scheduling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling

Hello! My first post! Starting Memoria Press this year and wondering if there is anywhere that suggests a start date? I'm sure everyone is a bit different, but just curious if there was a suggested date in order to get everything in and themed correctly with enrichment/etc. I have a 2nd grader and Junior-Kindergartner.

Thanks!
    DS MP 2nd Grade and First-Time Full-Time!
    DS Pre-K in Parochial School
    DD Causing Trouble

Re: Scheduling

Welcome!!! I usually try to get in fifteen weeks before Christmas break. If you'll look at the primary guides you'll see they usually break for Christmas about week fifteen. It's not necessary, but it makes the year easy because we get in plenty of days in the fall.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2018-2019 7th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
    Interweaving home, cottage school, & MPOA
    DS MPOA Henle 2, 9A -- DD 7A -- DD 4A -- DS 1st

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School
    www.nashvillelatinschool.com

Comment

Last year was our first year and we started mid-August. The enrichment portion of the curriculum needed a little adjusting in order to get the read aloud to line up with the holidays, but the rest of the curriculum was fine as scheduled. I think I might have shuffled around 4 weeks worth of enrichment around Christmas? It really wasn't much of a hassle at all.
      Carly

2018-2019
      DS 8 - MP2
      DS 5 - MPK
      DS 3 - My cancer-fighting superman

Comment

Thank you so much! Your responses are really helpful! We are excited to jump in and also have a baby coming around Thanksgiving so hoping to get a head start.
        DS MP 2nd Grade and First-Time Full-Time!
        DS Pre-K in Parochial School
        DD Causing Trouble

Comment

Working...
        X