Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third Form Latin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Third Form Latin

    In the book (pg. 73) it says that "flos floris" is masculine, but in the flash cards it says feminine. Which is correct?
    Cheryl, mom to:

    ds 24, graduated
    ds 23, graduated
    dd 15, 9th Grade
    dd 12, 6th Grade
    ds 10, 4nd Grade

    #2
    Re: Third Form Latin

    Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
    In the book (pg. 73) it says that "flos floris" is masculine, but in the flash cards it says feminine. Which is correct?
    It's masculine, the flash cards are wrong.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Third Form Latin

      Originally posted by Heather K View Post
      It's masculine, the flash cards are wrong.
      Thank you :-) My daughter is somewhat disappointed...she thought feminine would be more appropriate ;-)
      Cheryl, mom to:

      ds 24, graduated
      ds 23, graduated
      dd 15, 9th Grade
      dd 12, 6th Grade
      ds 10, 4nd Grade

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Third Form Latin

        Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
        Thank you :-) My daughter is somewhat disappointed...she thought feminine would be more appropriate ;-)
        Then your daughter may like to know that while the word for flower remained masculine in Italian (il fiore), it became feminine in French (la fleur) and Spanish (la flor).
        Michael
        Memoria Press

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Third Form Latin

          Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Then your daughter may like to know that while the word for flower remained masculine in Italian (il fiore), it became feminine in French (la fleur) and Spanish (la flor).
          Thank you very much, and sorry for the delayed reply!.
          Cheryl, mom to:

          ds 24, graduated
          ds 23, graduated
          dd 15, 9th Grade
          dd 12, 6th Grade
          ds 10, 4nd Grade

          Comment

          Working...
          X