Henle unit 1-5 guide, exercise 58 answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henle unit 1-5 guide, exercise 58 answers

Henle exercise 58 asks for four forms of the noun - genitive, accusative singular, nominative plural, and genitive plural. The answer key in the unit 1-5 guide only provides 3 forms and doesn't label them in any way. The first entry for nomen leads me to believe that the given forms are the last 3 on the list. The problem is that it gives the nominative plural as nomines even though it is a neuter noun. It appears all the neuter entries are incorrect. I think the whole exercise needs a bit of attention.
    Dorinda

For 2019-2020
    DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
    DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
    DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
    DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Re: Henle unit 1-5 guide, exercise 58 answers

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
    Henle exercise 58 asks for four forms of the noun - genitive, accusative singular, nominative plural, and genitive plural. The answer key in the unit 1-5 guide only provides 3 forms and doesn't label them in any way. The first entry for nomen leads me to believe that the given forms are the last 3 on the list. The problem is that it gives the nominative plural as nomines even though it is a neuter noun. It appears all the neuter entries are incorrect. I think the whole exercise needs a bit of attention.
    It looks like the genitive singular was omitted, so what you are seeing for each # is: accusative singular, nominative plural, genitive plural, gender, rule. We'll add the genitive singular, as well as clearer labels, when we reprint. Thanks!

ETA: A few other corrections: The nominative plurals of nomen, agmen, and flumen should be nomina, agmina, flumina; the accusative singular of rex should be regem; hostis is missing hostem, hostes, hostium.

I'm so sorry all these errors slipped through!
    Last edited by Michael; 10-18-2017, 09:42 AM.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
    X