Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Year Henle Latin Quizzes & Tests Units VI-XIV Quiz #4

Week 4 Quiz:

perventum (not perventus) for 4th P.P. in answer key, since an intr. verb (I think this can go either way, so maybe just a technicality)

pertineo (not pertenio) on both the quiz and the answer key

Extra Credit question translates 'consilio' as council. However, it should be 'counsel, plan'. I can remember this one easily because the 's' or 'c' in the middle must match, thus:
    concilium, i 'council'
    consilium, i 'plan, counsel'
    So, now what is the correct translation of the extra credit sentence (not sure if it makes sense with counsel/plan)?

Also, on a little side note, the conjugation of qui quae quod uses a 'j' in Henle for 'cujus' rather than 'cuius', when referring to the answer key for section B.

Thank you,
    Brenda

Re: First Year Henle Latin Quizzes & Tests Units VI-XIV Quiz #4

Originally posted by omma View Post
    Week 4 Quiz:

perventum (not perventus) for 4th P.P. in answer key, since an intr. verb (I think this can go either way, so maybe just a technicality)

pertineo (not pertenio) on both the quiz and the answer key

Extra Credit question translates 'consilio' as council. However, it should be 'counsel, plan'. I can remember this one easily because the 's' or 'c' in the middle must match, thus:
    concilium, i 'council'
    consilium, i 'plan, counsel'
    So, now what is the correct translation of the extra credit sentence (not sure if it makes sense with counsel/plan)?

Also, on a little side note, the conjugation of qui quae quod uses a 'j' in Henle for 'cujus' rather than 'cuius', when referring to the answer key for section B.

Thank you,
    Brenda
    You are correct on all of these. Thank you!

For the extra credit, I would correct the Latin to "concilio" so the translation still makes sense.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Okay, so now I am on quiz #5 and the answer key has one error, I believe. The 4th P.P. of cognosco is cognitus (not cognotus).

Thanks,
      Brenda

Comment

Originally posted by omma View Post
        Okay, so now I am on quiz #5 and the answer key has one error, I believe. The 4th P.P. of cognosco is cognitus (not cognotus).

Thanks,
        Brenda
        Correct, thank you!
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
        X