First Year Henle Latin Units III-V Quizzes & Tests, Quiz #30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Year Henle Latin Units III-V Quizzes & Tests, Quiz #30

Both the Week 30 Quiz and the Quiz 30 Key have incorrectly listed chart titles as 'present passive indicative' instead of 'perfect passive indicative' for each of the four model verbs (laudo, moneo, mitto, and audio). This is in the red quizzes & tests book for units III-V of First Year Henle Latin. Conjugating laudo in the present passive indicative would be laudor, laudaris, laudatur... (not laudatus -a -um sum.... as listed in the answer key for quiz 30 under the heading of present passive indicative, for example). Thus, all present passive indicative headings on these two pages should be changed to perfect passive indicative.

Thanks,
    Brenda

Re: First Year Henle Latin Units III-V Quizzes & Tests, Quiz #30

Originally posted by omma View Post
    Both the Week 30 Quiz and the Quiz 30 Key have incorrectly listed chart titles as 'present passive indicative' instead of 'perfect passive indicative' for each of the four model verbs (laudo, moneo, mitto, and audio). This is in the red quizzes & tests book for units III-V of First Year Henle Latin. Conjugating laudo in the present passive indicative would be laudor, laudaris, laudatur... (not laudatus -a -um sum.... as listed in the answer key for quiz 30 under the heading of present passive indicative, for example). Thus, all present passive indicative headings on these two pages should be changed to perfect passive indicative.

Thanks,
    Brenda
    Thank you for catching this and sorry for the confusion!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Well, the beauty of it is that the error makes you think deeper about what you know or only think you know! And that can be a good thing when we take the time to evaluate and investigate, so I really didn't mind once I took a big breath and said, "Wait, I know this!"

Comment

Originally posted by omma View Post
        Well, the beauty of it is that the error makes you think deeper about what you know or only think you know! And that can be a good thing when we take the time to evaluate and investigate, so I really didn't mind once I took a big breath and said, "Wait, I know this!"
        Wonderful!
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
        X