? on First Form Latin Unit1 and Unit2 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? on First Form Latin Unit1 and Unit2 Review

First off.....Thank you for bearing with me as my son and I are learning Latin together. I have a few questions on the Unit1 and Unit 2 Form Drills on p.74 in First Form Latin. After checking through our work, I am not sure why the teacher book as certain answers for the problems on worksheet 6.

Drill A, #8 --- Conjugate lavimus --- The teacher guide has: we washed / WE think it should be: we have washed
    Isn't "lavimus" in the Perfect tense and using the helping verb have? If not, why?

Translation skills:

How do you know where to put the adverb in the English sentence when translating from Latin to English? Is this explained somewhere in our books that I missed? Thank you!!

I appreciate all the help. This is challenging for me and my son actually out does me in Latin but I'm plugging along!! Thank you so much!!

Aundrea

For lavimus, both "I washed" and "I have washed" are correct. See the last bullet point on p. 27 (Lesson 8) for the three translations of the perfect tense.

Latin word order is flexible, so the adverb can go in numerous places in a sentence. As long as you used the right word, don't worry if the word order is different in the key.

Does that answer your questions? Bonam fortunam (Good luck!) as you continue your Latin studies!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you!

Yes!! Thank you so much.
      Aundrea

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      For lavimus, both "I washed" and "I have washed" are correct. See the last bullet point on p. 27 (Lesson 8) for the three translations of the perfect tense.

Latin word order is flexible, so the adverb can go in numerous places in a sentence. As long as you used the right word, don't worry if the word order is different in the key.

Does that answer your questions? Bonam fortunam (Good luck!) as you continue your Latin studies!

Comment

Working...
      X