Prima Latina Lesson 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prima Latina Lesson 16

Today my daughter noticed that the pictures of the constellations on page 84 are incorrect. They show Lesson 17’s constellations.
    --Amanda

DD #1 - Second Grade Core
    DD #2 - Jr. K

Originally posted by hackberryhill View Post
    Today my daughter noticed that the pictures of the constellations on page 84 are incorrect. They show Lesson 17’s constellations.
    Good afternoon Amanda,

Yes, unfortunately a batch of books got out with the incorrect pictures. I've attached a corrected student and teacher page to this forum post.

HTH!
    Attached Files
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you!
      --Amanda

DD #1 - Second Grade Core
      DD #2 - Jr. K

Comment

My copy has the correct pictures but says ‘Capricorn’ rather than ‘Capricornus’. Which is correct? I don’t think I’ve ever heard Capricornus!
        Regards,
        Hollie

2019-20:
        1-day/week co-op using MP materials
        DD & DS - 10th: MPOA: 4FL, Algebra II, HS Comp II; MP streaming Biology; 10th Lit, Light to the Nations II
        DS - 7th, MPOA 2FL, Chreia/Maxim-Ref/Con
        DD - 7th, CHREIA/Maxim, MPOA 2FL
        DD - 6A, 6th Lit.
        DD - 3nd
        DS - 4yrs - pre-school/JrK when he will sit still
        Using MP complete since 2016-17; bits and pieces for many years previous

Comment

Originally posted by Hahcook View Post
          My copy has the correct pictures but says ‘Capricorn’ rather than ‘Capricornus’. Which is correct? I don’t think I’ve ever heard Capricornus!
          Good afternoon Hollie,

Capricornus is the name of the constellation. Capricorn is the sign of the zodiac, and thus better known. It is also the term we used in Prima Latina until a couple years ago. See our explanation in the the "Prima Latina Updates: December 2017" file on our website.
          Michael
          Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you! The update list was very helpful (surprise, right!). I have a new TM and an older Student text so having all the updates will certainly smooth the process!

now I’m running to check my Astronomy book to see how I missed Capricornus and Scorpius!
            Regards,
            Hollie

2019-20:
            DD & DS - 10th: MPOA: 4FL, Algebra II, HS Comp II; MP streaming Biology; 10th Lit, Light to the Nations II
            DD - 6A, 6th Lit.
            DD - 3nd

Comment

Sorry to run off on a tangent, but to follow up on my Astronomy book check...mine has Capricornus but then Scorpio. I made notes since we will use it next year, I think. I looked online for an update sheet like you posted for PL (since I know that mine is an older copy) but didn’t see it. Is there one that I just can’t find?
              Regards,
              Hollie

2019-20:
              DD - 6A, 6th Lit.
              DD - 3nd

Comment

Sorry to run off on a tangent, but to follow up on my Astronomy book check...mine has Capricornus but then Scorpio. I made notes since we will use it next year, I think. I looked online for an update sheet like you posted for PL (since I know that mine is an older copy) but didn't see it. Is there one that I just can't find?
                Nope, it looks like we forgot to check and correct Astronomy. Thank you for catching this!
                Michael
                Memoria Press

Comment

Also as a follow-up/FYI for reprint purposes, our new PL Copybook has Capricorn (L16) and Scorpio (L17) as well..
                  Regards,
                  Hollie

2019-20:
                  DD - 6A, 6th Lit.
                  DD - 3nd

Comment

Also as a follow-up/FYI for reprint purposes, our new PL Copybook has Capricorn (L16) and Scorpio (L17) as well..
                    Well, this is embarrassing . Thank you though!
                    Michael
                    Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
                    X