Book of the Ancient Greeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book of the Ancient Greeks

I searched through the thread for this, but couldn't find anything. On page 51 of the teacher's guide, question 3 for Lesson 19 is:

Why were the Corinthians upset with Athens?

The answer in my teacher guide says:

"The kingdoms that were threats to Israel were Babylon and Assyria on one side, with Egypt on the other. Babylon and its king, Nebuchadnezzar, finally invaded Jerusalem, captured it, and burned the city. Nebuchadnezzar also broke down the temple and palaces, broke down the walls, carried off the gold and silver treasures from the temple and king's palace, and took nearly all the people as captives to Babylon."

Could you let me know the correct response? Thanks!
    Ally

Evan: 11th grade, MPOA
    Rachel: 10th grade, MPOA
    Katie: 9th grade, mix of MPOA & HOD

Homesteading in Utica, Ohio

Re: Book of the Ancient Greeks

Originally posted by kikirev3 View Post
    I searched through the thread for this, but couldn't find anything. On page 51 of the teacher's guide, question 3 for Lesson 19 is:

Why were the Corinthians upset with Athens?

The answer in my teacher guide says:

"The kingdoms that were threats to Israel were Babylon and Assyria on one side, with Egypt on the other. Babylon and its king, Nebuchadnezzar, finally invaded Jerusalem, captured it, and burned the city. Nebuchadnezzar also broke down the temple and palaces, broke down the walls, carried off the gold and silver treasures from the temple and king's palace, and took nearly all the people as captives to Babylon."

Could you let me know the correct response? Thanks!
    Sorry about that! Clearly we somehow put an answer from our Book of the Ancient World guide in there. The correct answer would be: "Corinth was a fellow sea-power, second only to Athens. Corinth had interests in Sicily and Southern Italy, and Athens wanted to expand into those regions. This alarmed the Corinthians, who appealed to Sparta."

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Re: Book of the Ancient Greeks

Glad to have found this info!
      Joyfully, Courtney
      DS13, DS12, DS10, DD8

Comment

Working...
      X