Famous Men of the Middle Ages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous Men of the Middle Ages

There appears to be a missing chapter. On pp. 26-27 of the Student Guide, the student is studying "Chapter 5 (pp. 39-41) Benedict and Gregory (480-543; 590-604)." But in the textbook, chapter 4 is "Theodoric the Ostrogoth" and chapter 5 is "Clovis."

I don't see any chapter on "Benedict and Gregory."

Thanks,

Todd

P.S. Keep in mind you have to ignore "(pp. 39-41)" in the student guide because these references are incorrect in the student guide.

New Edition Guide with Old Edition Text

Todd,

It appears that you have one of our older FMMA Texts (before the color illustrations), and a new guide. I have included a copy of the missing Benedict and Gregory chapter as an attachment to this post. This document is for use with older copies of Memoria Press' FMMA text and is still under copyright with all rights reserved.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by blowe; 03-06-2007, 10:00 AM.
    Brian Lowe
    www.MemoriaPress.com

Comment

Re: Famous Men of the Middle Ages

Teachers Manual
      Page 7, Question 10, Who are the king and queen of the Germanic gods? Thor, Frija
      Page 6 seems to say that Woden(Odin) and Frija are king and queen of the gods.

Comment

Middle Ages Test (Chapters 1 -6) number 3. says "Led by Genseric; settled in northern Italy". In the Student Guide page 22. it says Vandals settled in Spain and North Africa. I can't find that the Vandals ever settled in northern Italy.

Also - for 4. it says "Theodoric; settled in Spain" To my knowledge the Ostrogoths were not in Spain - they were in northern Italy.

From this I am assuming the locations are accidentally flipped for 3. and 4. 3. should be Genseric - settled in Spain, 4. should be Theodoric, settled in Northern Italy

Is that right?
        Last edited by S.Plueger; 10-21-2018, 02:41 PM. Reason: added second question

Comment

Hi, Susan.

I have just made changes on this test for our teachers who also thought the wording was confusing. I am attaching the new test here for you. We have edited the first 4 questions and removed 2 vocabulary words and made them bonuses. The reason for the vocabulary change is that our teachers don't have time to dedicate to the chapter on the saints, so they didn't want the students tested on a chapter they skimmed lightly over.

I hope this helps! At least you and the HLS teachers are on the same page!

Tanya
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks as always Tanya! It makes me feel good to know I have something in common with the HLS teachers!

Comment

Working...
            X