LC Final in 4NU Curriculum Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LC Final in 4NU Curriculum Manual

I was comparing the Final with a friend of mine and the one in the LCI individual plans is different from the one in the 4th for New Users Curriculum Manual (both were for the new edition of LC). Our co-op kids ended up taking slightly different finals because we were working from different plans.
    Last edited by jen1134; 05-26-2017, 03:26 PM.
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
    DS18: Almost done!
    DS17: MP, MPOA
    DS15: MP, MPOA
    DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
    DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
    DD9: SC3
    DD6: MPK

Re: LC Final in 4NU Curriculum Manual

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
    I was comparing the Final with a friend of mine and the one in the LCI individual plans is different from the one in the 4th for New Users Curriculum Manual (both were for the new edition of LC). Our co-op kids ended up taking slightly different finals because we were working from different plans.
    The final in the 4NU CM should cover all of LC, while the finals in the individual plans will vary between the one year and two year plans. If you send some pictures of what you're seeing to [email protected], I'll make sure you have the right ones.

Comment

The 4NU Final is comprehensive because it includes all 3 verb tenses and both declensions taught. But I did notice that we don't have adjectives on the final. They are on the 3rd grade final, but we left them off of the 4NU final for some reason. Michael and I can look at it next week.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
        The 4NU Final is comprehensive because it includes all 3 verb tenses and both declensions taught. But I did notice that we don't have adjectives on the final. They are on the 3rd grade final, but we left them off of the 4NU final for some reason. Michael and I can look at it next week.

Tanya
        Sorry, I should have edited my original post rather than replacing it.

When we realized we had different tests, she originally thought that I might have a 1/2 year version and that was when I posted originally.

We then compared images from the versions we each had (I'll email them to you) and realized that the tests are full year tests but use different verbs/nouns for some of the conjugation/declension exercises and one version only asks for the present conjugation of sum rather than the entire present system. The 4th for New Users version also asks for the conjugation of "to be able" which I can't find anywhere in LC (new edition).

It probably wouldn't cause issues unless families are in a co-op situation.
        Jennifer
        Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
        DS18: Almost done!
        DS17: MP, MPOA
        DS15: MP, MPOA
        DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
        DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
        DD9: SC3
        DD6: MPK

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
          Sorry, I should have edited my original post rather than replacing it.

When we realized we had different tests, she originally thought that I might have a 1/2 year version and that was when I posted originally.

We then compared images from the versions we each had (I'll email them to you) and realized that the tests are full year tests but use different verbs/nouns for some of the conjugation/declension exercises and one version only asks for the present conjugation of sum rather than the entire present system. The 4th for New Users version also asks for the conjugation of "to be able" which I can't find anywhere in LC (new edition).

It probably wouldn't cause issues unless families are in a co-op situation.
          No problem. If "to be able" is on the test, then the test is for the old edition, as that verb was removed in the newest revision, replaced with more review and the imperfect and future of sum. I can still double check the images you send, as well as look into the adjective declension Tanya mentioned.

Sorry for the confusion!

Comment

Working...
          X