FSR, Kindergarten Week 19/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSR, Kindergarten Week 19/20

On Friday of week 19 for Kindergarten the lesson for FSR Book C pp. 20-21, in the FSR Teachers manual you use common words flashcards “said, he, me, and does,” but the curriculum manual doesn’t tell you to pull them out until Week 20 Monday.
    Rebecca

Boy-2nd
    Boy-1st
    Boy-4yo
    Girl-2yo

That was by design. The lesson that formally introduces those words is later than when we indicate for you to add them into the flashcard rotation , with a quick introduction of course. This is because there are so many to introduce in Lesson 20, that we want students to have that extra week of unofficial practice. The words said and does are particularly challenging.

Comment

Oh okay. I just usually pull the cards for the week based off of what the curriculum manual says will be needed, so I didn’t have those prepared when we started lesson 19 and had to pause to go dig them up when I saw they were in the lesson in the teachers guide that day.
      Rebecca

Boy-2nd
      Boy-1st
      Boy-4yo
      Girl-2yo

Comment

Rebecca,

I can see how that would be frustrating. We provided the needed cards in the CM all those weeks then snuck in some cards a few days early in the TG. I'm so glad you mentioned this here because the timing is perfect. Tanya is updating the Curriculum Manuals and we can adjust them so that no one else gets caught in the middle of a lesson without their cards ready. Thank you!

Comment

Tanya had mentioned that K wasn’t being updated so it was safe to order in February. Has that changed? I was planning to order this week for a March start.
          Jennifer
          Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
          DS18: Almost done!
          DS17: MP, MPOA
          DS15: MP, MPOA
          DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
          DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
          DD9: SC3
          DD6: MPK

Comment

It is safe to order. There was one correction in the CM where we instruct you to introduce some common words in the FSR TG but didn't mention it in the CM. No major update.

Comment

Working...
            X