Book of the Ancient Romans - Aeneas vs. Ascanius

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book of the Ancient Romans - Aeneas vs. Ascanius

Since I was proven wrong in my last corrections post, let's see if I can even the score. *cracks up laughing, hopes Michael doesn't hurl bricks this direction*

In Mills' Book of the Ancient Romans, page 21 reads, "After the death of the king, Aeneas ruled in his place until he was slain in battle fighting against the Etruscans. Ascanius then became king, and, finding the city in which his father had lived too small for the increasing population, he founded Alba Longa and made it his chief city".

However, the workbook (page 10 - Facts to Know) states that Aeneas founded Alba Longa. Additionally, question #6 on Quiz One lists Aeneas as the correct answer for the founder of Alba Longa.
    Ascanius is not mentioned either in the lesson or on the quiz.

Did we misinterpret something?
    Mary

DD14 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I + Latin IV
    DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science
    DD8 - SC level 2

Originally posted by Mary View Post
    Since I was proven wrong in my last corrections post, let's see if I can even the score. *cracks up laughing, hopes Michael doesn't hurl bricks this direction*

In Mills' Book of the Ancient Romans, page 21 reads, "After the death of the king, Aeneas ruled in his place until he was slain in battle fighting against the Etruscans. Ascanius then became king, and, finding the city in which his father had lived too small for the increasing population, he founded Alba Longa and made it his chief city".

However, the workbook (page 10 - Facts to Know) states that Aeneas founded Alba Longa. Additionally, question #6 on Quiz One lists Aeneas as the correct answer for the founder of Alba Longa.
    Ascanius is not mentioned either in the lesson or on the quiz.

Did we misinterpret something?
    Nope, you're even now! My sincere apologies for the error in the guides and the confusion it caused, and my thanks for bringing the error to our attention so we can fix it.

HTH!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Woo hoo! We won!

Wait, I meant, "Thank you, Michael, for your help with this. I'll have dd make a flashcard for 'Ascanius' and we will amend both the SG and TG to give him credit for founding Alba Longa".
      Mary

DD14 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek I + Latin IV
      DS12 - 7th core + Novare Earth Science
      DD8 - SC level 2

Comment

Working...
      X