Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7A Curriculum Guide and Quiz/Test Scheduling

Hi All,

I'm probably overlooking some things in my 7A CG, because between school and baby prep my brain is fried, but it seems like some of the final exams and/or "last unit" tests of certain subjects are not scheduled in my guide. I'm wondering if this is intentional so that the students don't have to take both? I'm only curious because I file my tests in a weekly file-folder system and had some leftovers after printing all my downloads. My student and I are happy to omit what's not in the CG (he is more than happy to skip some tests!) and sometimes we do skip the last chapter test and just take the final exam for any given subject, but I wanted to double-check. It seems like the Geo III final would be a huge accomplishment so I was surprised it wasn't in there.

Tom Sawyer Quiz 6 isn't scheduled; the CG goes from Quiz 5 (week 33) to the final exam (week 34)
    Geography III, Unit 9 Test is scheduled, but not the final exam
    Book of the Ancient World, final exam isn't scheduled
    Book of the Ancient Greeks, Test Four isn't scheduled

Thanks!
    Jodi
    Jodi
    ~~~~~~~
    2019-20 School Year:
    Ethan (7A)
    Matthew (5A)
    Silas (1st)
    Eleanor (4yo dabbling in PK as time allows)
    Blueberry (arriving Oct '19)

Originally posted by JodiSue View Post
    Hi All,

I'm probably overlooking some things in my 7A CG, because between school and baby prep my brain is fried, but it seems like some of the final exams and/or "last unit" tests of certain subjects are not scheduled in my guide. I'm wondering if this is intentional so that the students don't have to take both? I'm only curious because I file my tests in a weekly file-folder system and had some leftovers after printing all my downloads. My student and I are happy to omit what's not in the CG (he is more than happy to skip some tests!) and sometimes we do skip the last chapter test and just take the final exam for any given subject, but I wanted to double-check. It seems like the Geo III final would be a huge accomplishment so I was surprised it wasn't in there.

Tom Sawyer Quiz 6 isn't scheduled; the CG goes from Quiz 5 (week 33) to the final exam (week 34)
    Geography III, Unit 9 Test is scheduled, but not the final exam
    Book of the Ancient World, final exam isn't scheduled
    Book of the Ancient Greeks, Test Four isn't scheduled

Thanks!
    Jodi
    Good afternoon Jodi,

I'm not sure the answer to your question, so I'm going to leave this for our wonderful curriculum director She is travelling on business and probably won't be able to respond until Friday at the earliest. I didn't want you to think we were ignoring your post, and I apologize for this delay!
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Jodi,

I have no explanation for some of this. I do know that sometimes our teachers either do the final test or the unit test, but not both. They just don't want to do two tests in a row. But I should schedule that in the curriculum manual as optional rather than leaving them totally out! I will get this fixed! And I agree with you that you will want to do the Geography III final! It is our last geography course in school, so we should go out big!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It's a bit of a mess.

Tanya

Comment

Thanks, Tanya! Sorry to add to your workload, I just felt a bit like I had finished an IKEA shelf and had extra nuts and bolts leftover.
        Jodi
        ~~~~~~~
        2019-20 School Year:
        Ethan (7A)
        Matthew (5A)
        Silas (1st)
        Eleanor (4yo dabbling in PK as time allows)
        Blueberry (arriving Oct '19)

Comment

Working...
        X