Cheria/Maxim or High School Composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheria/Maxim or High School Composition

My son has been using Simply Classical for the last 2 years. He currently is taking MPOA Fable/narrative. We are just finishing Fable and he seems to be getting it and doing well. Would it be more advantageous to take Cheria/Maxim or high school composition? Keep in mind this will be my sons last year of school and I would like to have a strong writing year.

Hello!
    I am thrilled that your son is doing well in Fable! I hope that you have found it enriching and engaging. I would recommend the Chreia/Maxim for your son, because High School Composition I is actually the first year of the accelerated program through the Classical Composition books, and it covers Fable, Narrative, and Chreia/Maxim. So, over half the year would be redoing work that your son has already done. Taking a whole year in Book III, Chreia/Maxim, will provide new content instead. This level introduces not only stories as the means of communicating a truth, but 8 different ways of communicating a truth in the Heads of Development. It builds on the nine components of narrative invention in several of the heads of development, in addition to introducing the abstract comparisons of analogies, properly choosing similar points from history, and finding quotations that support the same truth. It is a new challenge, building on previous mastery skills.
    I hope this information is helpful to you!
    Abigail Johnson

Comment

Thank you this does clarify the difference quite a bit. I’ll keep him in Chreia/Maxim.

Comment

Working...
      X