Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are students instructed to get "creative" at any point in Fable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KrisTom
    replied
    Thank you so much! And I am sorry for the delay - it saved my content and never posted!

Leave a comment:

• Abigail Johnson
    replied
    Hello! Students are free to get creative at any time that their their teacher is ready for them to do so.We don't have a specific place in the book, because each child's mastery and readiness timeline is a bit different for this. A bit of a "smaller paddock" at first is often a good idea, but then the students really enjoy the freedom of more creativity in future lessons, at the teacher's discretion.
    Last year my son paraphrased the Tortoise and the Hare with The Dolphin and a Starfish! It was a delightfully fresh, creative story. Also, I find that the more "creativity" students get, the more they get to practice their "wisdom" about what should be changed, and what not, what would "break" the story by changing the elements that make it what it is (Recognition of the Moral Truth, Reversal, Suffering). So, it becomes an even greater demonstration of their mastery when they have such freedom.
    I hope you ENJOY thoroughly!
    Abigail

Leave a comment:

• Are students instructed to get "creative" at any point in Fable?

We are in lesson 2 of Fable. I have read how some students will get creative with their Fables such as by changing the characters or location, all while keeping the main idea and moral of the Fable in tact. Are students instructed at some point to branch out, or are they free to do this at any time? Thanks!
Working...
X