X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abigail Johnson
    replied
    Hi everyone,
    I would say the streaming videos and live online classes differ in 3 ways. Firstly, the online student has access to the teacher for questions that arise. Secondly, that teacher, well-versed in the topic, will be the one evaluating the student's progress through the papers, offering not only the grade but the feedback for improvement. Thirdly, the student is kept on a brisk pace with the rest of the class, with the accountability of an external calendar.
    To answer the question about High School II, yes, students must complete refutation and confirmation before proceeding to the beginning of High School composition II, which is Common Topic.
    Of course the online program offers both the accelerated plans as well as the traditional one-stage per year plans through the lower levels. Only when we reach high school composition 3 do we no longer have the individual course per year option.
    I am so glad you are giving yourself the opportunity to learn classical composition this year! Please let me know if I can be of any more help.
    Abigail PS I apologize for the delay in my response. Something has been preventing my email notifications of the forums, adding to the fact that because of teacher trainings and conferences I have not been a slave to my computer as is usual.
    Abigail

Leave a comment:

• VAmom
    replied
    I think Narrative and Chreia/Maxim will be a great starting place. I have been working through Chreia/Maxim myself as preparation for the coming school year and am learning a lot! I hope you and your child will learn as much as I have.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTeresa
    replied
    Thanks Heidi! I decided to do Narrative and Chreia/Maxim for the 8th grader this year using the streaming videos since we are new to CC (and Fable with the younger ones). I was thinking we could try the online classes in 9th grade, but it looks like he would need to finish Ref/Con before enrolling in the High School Composition II? https://www.memoriapressacademy.com/...omposition-ii/

Leave a comment:

• VAmom
    replied
    Abigail Johnson We have only used the DVDs for CC but I’m hoping this will help bump up your question. Perhaps Ms. Johnson will have more info for you.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTeresa
    started a topic Streaming Video vs MPOA?

Streaming Video vs MPOA?

In general, how do the streaming videos compare to the online classes (MPOA)? I'm looking at the level-specific courses and the accelerated ones. Thank you!
Working...
X