OT: MyersBriggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: MyersBriggs

I just took the test. It is quite creepy how true it describes me!! ISFJ. Thanks for the link, that was fun I have a special devotion to St. Theresa of Calcutta so that was so neat to see she was an ISFJ, too!

I’m having my husband take it next. We are so very different. It should be interesting!
    Katie

2018/2019 5th year with MP
    DS 9th, DD 6th, DD 2nd: attending a classical prep school 3 days/week using mostly MP.
    Twin DD's 6: home with me and loving MPK!

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
      My older boys took the 16 personalities test but it didn't ring true for my oldest. Based on Jen's advice, I searched for cognitive function for the type they gave and found this site: https://www.typeinmind.com/assessment/ Their result was much more accurate for him. We then took the result and read the summary for it on 16 personalities -- near perfect match. About to read Type in Mind's cognitive function write-up for his type.
      Everyone is at a family function and I’m home with a cold so I’m tackling more of this! My brain is a jumble looking at the type in mind site, lol. I’ve got Julie Andrews and “Do Re MI” running on repeat in my head. Did you input the email and take this assessment too or just look up the four letter code from the 16 personalities and then read the description?

Okay, I went back and organized the information and see it more clearly now. I wish someone could take our “codes” and synthesize it and package up insights and tips into how to use the information to help us learn so that I can individualize their homeschooling experiences a bit more effectively with this information. I’m sure this gives away something about my type, lol!
      Last edited by kikirev3; 04-14-2018, 05:40 PM. Reason: Edited my mumbo jumbo
      Ally

Evan: MP 10th grade, MPOA-4FL, HSComp II, Material Logic, American Gov’t
      Rachel: MP 9th grade, MPOA-3FL, Trad Logic I & II
      Katie: MP 8th grade, BF American history

Homesteading in Utica, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by kikirev3 View Post
        Everyone is at a family function and I’m home with a cold so I’m tackling more of this! My brain is a jumble looking at the type in mind site, lol. I’ve got Julie Andrews and “Do Re MI” running on repeat in my head. Did you input the email and take this assessment too or just look up the four letter code from the 16 personalities and then read the description?
        We’re in the same boat! Cold/flu here too. I had him take this assessment. When it gives the results, it includes the traditional four letter MB code. I then went over to 16 personalities and read their (far less dense!) summary. Still want to read the Type in Mind one though for more understanding on his cognitive function. My head couldn’t handle it today.
        Jennifer

2018-2019
        DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
        DS-12 (6M)
        DS-10 (SC3)
        DD-8 (MP2)
        DD-6 (SC2)
        DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Comment

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
          My head couldn’t handle it today.
          Thanks Jennifer! I feel for you
          Ally

Comment

Originally posted by bean View Post
            My dd and I are both INTJs... so you can imagine how our school day goes, lol.

Bean,

I don't need much imagination. My last baby, Bonus Baby, gives all signs of being an INTJ. We barely need to speak throughout the day, we agree on so much.

But I am guessing you'd say the same.

Jen
            DS, 25 yrs, graduated from MIT (Aerospace), following in the family tradition of working for the US Navy

DS, 23 yrs, graduated from SIU's School of Business, working on Adulting

DD, 20 yrs, Junior in Education at The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC

DS, 11 yrs, 6M plus Bookshark's Later American history pack

All homeschooled.

Comment

Originally posted by Jen in Japan View Post
              Bean,

I don't need much imagination. My last baby, Bonus Baby, gives all signs of being an INTJ. We barely need to speak throughout the day, we agree on so much.

But I am guessing you'd say the same.

Jen
              Until one of is sure that they are right and other is um... misinformed. )
              Bean

DD- 9M with subs

Comment

I am an INTJ. I found a few of the questions a bit confusing on this version and my first try came out ISTJ, but the description was not me. When I went back to take it again I realized a couple of questions were sort of double negatives. I had my daughter take it and she is an ENTJ.

What I thought was interesting was that the 16personalities site said these were the two top personalities to NOT be a stay at home parent, but here I am homeschooling. i find it a good fit :-)
                Dorinda

DD 15 - 10th with MPOA(Biology, Novel, Material Logic/Rhetoric ), Lukeion (Greek3, Latin 3)
                DS 13 - 8A with MPOA(Third Form and composition)
                DS 10 - 5M
                DS 5 - K with AAR3

Comment

Well Dorinda, you are also a full time homeschool teacher.

I have always worked at least part time or gone to school, mostly because I do better, but if I were homeschling all four of my kids at once, I think it would be enough.
                  Bean

DD- 9M with subs

Comment

I find my own results a bit confusing. My children and husband seem pretty spot on, but I am presenting as an ISTP. 16 personalities and the type mind site describe a risk taker and I consider myself risk averse. I don’t like heights, definitely not a physical thrill seeker. I went back and took it again thinking that I was subconsciously not “honest” with something but received the same result. Strange.

My son is an ENFP and we get along beautifully. I have the most personality “clashes” with my beloved husband who is an ESTJ, but that could just be marriage, lol. I feel like I’d need to study this for several months to understand the nuances.

My oldest daughter is an INTP and I feel like we can be quite a bit alike and there is only one different element between the ISTP, but the descriptors are quite different. It is fascinating really!
                    Ally

Comment

Working...
                    X