• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klwalukas
    replied
    Re: Will MP come out with 11 and 12?

Originally posted by serendipitous journey View Post
    Tanya, thanks for the work y'all are doing on this!

Just wondering -- in advance of issuing the full curricula for the upper two years (or three, I suppose, if one goes through 12A?) would it be possible to have a list of the books/topics studied? I'm imagining a list of the original works studied in Classical and Christian Studies even if there are not teaching supports available for them; history eras if not texts (maybe "Europe and America in the Modern Age" or something); math and science topics ("Pre-Calc", "Chemistry"); and maybe composition level. That would let us plan to teach what we can ourselves, and outsource or find support materials for the other stuff.

Maybe that already exists somewhere? I couldn't easily find it, though.

thank you again, so many times, for this labor!
    This thread has the Highlands Latin School Upper School Curriculum laid out. It will give you an idea of what they are trying to match with the Core Curricula for each grade, except that Highlands 8th grade would be 8A, 9M.
    https://forum.memoriapress.com/showt...7th-12th-chart

Leave a comment:

• serendipitous journey
    replied

Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Hello.

We are trying to release one grade a year, but we are behind. We are currently working on 11th grade. These high school years are more difficult because it is hard to transfer what we do in the classroom with teachers who are expert in their fields to the homeschool setting. I'm thinking lots more teaching dvds!

Math and science are particularly difficult.

Tanya
    Tanya, thanks for the work y'all are doing on this!

Just wondering -- in advance of issuing the full curricula for the upper two years (or three, I suppose, if one goes through 12A?) would it be possible to have a list of the books/topics studied? I'm imagining a list of the original works studied in Classical and Christian Studies even if there are not teaching supports available for them; history eras if not texts (maybe "Europe and America in the Modern Age" or something); math and science topics ("Pre-Calc", "Chemistry"); and maybe composition level. That would let us plan to teach what we can ourselves, and outsource or find support materials for the other stuff.

Maybe that already exists somewhere? I couldn't easily find it, though.

thank you again, so many times, for this labor!

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied

Hello.

We are trying to release one grade a year, but we are behind. We are currently working on 11th grade. These high school years are more difficult because it is hard to transfer what we do in the classroom with teachers who are expert in their fields to the homeschool setting. I'm thinking lots more teaching dvds!

Math and science are particularly difficult.

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• klwalukas
    replied

Last I heard, they were hoping to release 11th grade in February or so. They are trying to release 1 each year.
    Kristin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X