Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exploring the World of.....Sciences for High School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exploring the World of.....Sciences for High School?

I'm wondering if the Exploring the World of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics sets could possibly be used as high school credit worthy classes, perhaps if coupled with hands on experiment kits?

Re: Exploring the World of.....Sciences for High School?

Originally posted by RebeccaP View Post
    I'm wondering if the Exploring the World of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics sets could possibly be used as high school credit worthy classes, perhaps if coupled with hands on experiment kits?
    Hi Rebecca,
    Have you looked at the Exploring... series of books? They provide great historical content related to those science disciplines and a nice introduction to those topics. But they are not high school caliber of difficulty and don't contain high school level content. Even if you supplement with experiments from a kit, your student would not learn the content that a high school biology, chemistry, or physics course needs to cover. The Exploring... books would be appropriate for summer reading enrichment before diving into high school science in the fall.

Depending on your child's current level of math and what science he/she has studied in the past, I would suggest a textbook-based course, such as Novare Physical Science (concurrent pre-algebra) or Novare Introductory Physics (concurrent algebra) for their first high school science course.
    Cindy Davis
    Science and Math teacher at Highlands Latin School - Indianapolis
    ds-26 college graduate: independent young adult
    ds-24 college graduate: 3rd year med school
    dd-22 college graduate: working as a registered nurse

Comment

Re: Exploring the World of.....Sciences for High School?

Thanks for the response Cindy. I'll look into Novare sciences.

Comment

Working...
      X