Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITBS test 9th grade

Hello,

my kids (girl 14 and boy 13 at the beginning of the school year) have gone through the 8th grade accelerated full curriculum package with Algebra 1. They are supposed to be in 9th and 8th grade respectively, and therefore, are expected to take the ITBS test for 8th and 9th grade.

From what I understand, the 8th grader has covered the content of the 8th grade ITBS exam with Algebra 1.

But I cannot find out what the ITBS exam for 9th grade tests in their math component! Will my daughter be able to do the exam well with Algebra 1 under her belt?

I am freaking out because I don't live in the USA and ordering stuff from there costs an arm and a leg in shipping plus exorbitant (think another 50%) of customs fees.

Any help?

Thank you so much!

Re: ITBS test 9th grade

Do you have to take ITBS? I know there are other tests that can be taken online....might be cheaper for you if you have a good internet connection. I couldn't find much detail on ITBS in terms of math, but Seton does administer the test. I would try live chat with a representative or leave them a message if the time zone difference is a problem. I would assume that since Algebra 1 in 9th is still pretty much the standard track in the United States that a test designed to be taken in the fall of 9th (when most private schools I know around here take ITBS) is going to expect anything beyond pre-algebra. I would not be concerned about it since your student has already completed algebra 1 and is therefore on the US accelerated math track.

Just my two cents...
    Dorinda

For 2019-2020
    DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
    DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
    DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
    DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Thank you for the rest of mind. I will call Seton.

Thanks again for taking time to reply!

Comment

Hello.

Our students don't take the ITBS after 8th grade, so I don't have any information on high school. Our high school students take the PSAT, ACT, SAT, and of course the NLE each year!

Tanya

Comment

Working...
        X