Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10A list?

Hi Tanya,
    I had to piece together 10A for next year going by the Highlands website, the MP website, and the catalog. I know the full curriculum isn't available for purchase yet, but is there any chance of posting a list here of what is supposed to be in 10A? I'm worried I may have left something out when I placed my big order. (I usually do.)
    Blessings,
    Jude

DD 20, DS 17, DS 14, DS 12, DD 10, DS 7, DD 5

Re: 10A list?

Jude,

I will put this list together for you next week. I'm currently in Chicago working in the Rainbow booth at the ICHE.

Tanya

Comment

Thank you, ma'am.
      Stay safe in Chicago. Situational awareness at all times.
      Blessings,
      Jude

Comment

Thanks, Jude. The convention is actually in Naperville, which seems like a nice, quiet town. And I'll be surrounded by homeschoolers most of the time, so no worries!

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
          Thanks, Jude. The convention is actually in Naperville, which seems like a nice, quiet town. And I'll be surrounded by homeschoolers most of the time, so no worries!

Tanya
          Talk about ships passing, lol! We live only about an hour and a half from Naperville!
          Jennifer
          Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS16: MP, MPOA, HSC, Breaking the Barrier French
          DS15: MP, MPOA, HSC
          DS12: Mash-up of 6/7M
          DS11: SC 4
          DD9: 3A with First Form Latin (long story!)
          DD8: Mash-up of SC 1/2
          DD5: January birthday, using SC B and C as a two-year JrK

Comment

Really! I'm in IL. You are on the way to KY! Craziness.

But we'll be in KY together in July - unless I run away to IL again.

Tanya

Comment

Bumping this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintJude7 View Post
                Bumping this thread.
                Yeah we could use it too.

DD's "perfect" brick and mortar plans for the next two years just fell apart again this week due to an unexpected transportation snafu...something or other keeps coming up to complicate her going so God must realllly want us to keep homeschooling after a few tears she is ready and excited to get back into her MP books...she is done with the roller coaster of not knowing what is going to happen.

We have a general idea based off our last cobbled year and the new offerings ( can we say Arthur Conan Doyle !?) but would love to see what all you have unofficially/officially planned.
                Winter 2020 :
                DD - Graduated!
                DS - core 10 with remediation/support
                DD - core 7 with remediation/support
                DS - core 5 with remediation/support

Comment

Bumping again.

Blessings,
                  Jude

Comment

Bump
                    by Spike Milligan

Things that go 'bump' in the night
                    Should not really give one a fright.
                    It's the hole in each ear
                    That lets in the fear,
                    That, and the absence of light!

Blessings,
                    Jude

Comment

Jude,

I am still working on the book list for 10A. I need some input from Cheryl Lowe, and she has been ill. But as soon as she feels up to it, I will get the completed list for you.

I apologize for the delay.

Tanya

Comment

Hi Tanya,

No worries on the delay. Here is what I have pieced together so far:

Latin Henle III

Math Saxon Advanced Mathematics

Greek A Primer of Biblical Greek

Logic Material Logic

Modern A Concise History of the American Republic

Classical Cicero: On Obligations, The Republic and The Laws

Christian History of the Early Church set

Literature ? (He studied the Greek plays and Ancient Greek history last year using Kolbe Academy guides. I kind of wanted to save Dante for 11th Grade. He is doing The Aeneid and The Book of the Romans over the summer. Since the Highlands literature selections for 10th grade don't have study guides available yet, I could either do Kolbe's Ancient Roman Literature course, which I already own, or a full year of Shakespeare. Any chance of Hamlet or Macbeth guides being ready soon?)

Science I think I'll hold off on Chemistry until he can drive (he'll be 15 in August) and have him take it at the community college with a full lab and no siblings getting underfoot.

So I guess literature is my real problem, if nothing else looks wrong.

Blessings,
                        Jude

Comment

Hi Tanya,

No worries on the delay. Here is what I have pieced together so far:

Latin Henle III

Math Saxon Advanced Mathematics

Greek A Primer of Biblical Greek

Logic Material Logic

Modern A Concise History of the American Republic

Classical Cicero: On Obligations, The Republic and The Laws

Christian History of the Early Church set

Literature ? (He studied the Greek plays and Ancient Greek history last year using Kolbe Academy guides. I kind of wanted to save Dante for 11th Grade. He is doing The Aeneid and The Book of the Romans over the summer. Since the Highlands literature selections for 10th grade don't have study guides available yet, I could either do Kolbe's Ancient Roman Literature course, which I already own, or a full year of Shakespeare. Any chance of Hamlet or Macbeth guides being ready soon?)

Science I think I'll hold off on Chemistry until he can drive (he'll be 15 in August) and have him take it at the community college with a full lab and no siblings getting underfoot.

So I guess literature is my real problem, if nothing else looks wrong.

Blessings,
                          Jude

Jude,
                          I hope you don't mind me chiming in. If you are not planning on any science for 10th grade, would you consider Novare Introductory Physics? It includes some work with significant digits which will make chemistry calculations in 11th go smoother. And a year without science.....!
                          Cindy Davis
                          Science and Math teacher at Highlands Latin School - Indianapolis
                          ds-26 college graduate: independent young adult
                          ds-24 college graduate: 3rd year med school
                          dd-22 college graduate: working as a registered nurse

Comment

Hi Cindy,
                            Chiming in is always welcome. Honestly, this kid has spent so much of his free time reading adult level books on chemistry, physics, and other science topics, I'm fine with leaving physics credit for another community college semester. (What kind of 14 year old asks his mom to see if the library has anything on quantum physics?) This will give him more time to focus on subjects that they don't offer.
                            Blessings,
                            Jude

Comment

Hi Cindy,
                              Chiming in is always welcome. Honestly, this kid has spent so much of his free time reading adult level books on chemistry, physics, and other science topics, I'm fine with leaving physics credit for another community college semester. (What kind of 14 year old asks his mom to see if the library has anything on quantum physics?) This will give him more time to focus on subjects that they don't offer.
                              Blessings,
                              Jude

Sounds good. What a fine young man! That level of interest and self-motivation is not always present in a 14yo.... It sounds like you are forging a great plan for him.
                              Cindy
                              Cindy Davis
                              Science and Math teacher at Highlands Latin School - Indianapolis
                              ds-26 college graduate: independent young adult
                              ds-24 college graduate: 3rd year med school
                              dd-22 college graduate: working as a registered nurse

Comment

Working...
                              X