Prentice Hall Algebra 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prentice Hall Algebra 2

And sometimes, even with the "direct" approach, you still have to "discover" what you are doing!!!

(i.e. waiting for the lightbulb to go on!)

AMDG,
    Sarah
    2019-2020 - 9th Year with MP
    DD, 18, Homeschool grad; Art major/philosophy minor
    DS, 16
    DD, 14
    DD, 12
    DD, 10
    DD, 7.5
    DD, 5.5
    +DS+
    DS, 18 months

Comment

I am trying to purchase the solutions manual for the Alg II (Smith) book. I don't see it with the link provided. I've contacted Pearson and waiting to hear back. Could someone please post the ISBN number if you have the book?
      Thanks!
      Katie

2019/20 6th year with MP
      DS 15: 10th, MPOA Latin & HS Comp II
      DD 12: 7th, MPOA Latin & Pre-Algebra
      DD 9: 4th using 3A
      Twin DD's 6: 1st

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
        I am trying to purchase the solutions manual for the Alg II (Smith) book. I don't see it with the link provided. I've contacted Pearson and waiting to hear back. Could someone please post the ISBN number if you have the book?
        Thanks!
        For the Smith Classics edition with ISBN 0-13-133798-X (or 97801313379895, depending which code you use, but it's the same book), I purchased (eBay or Amazon, can't remember) a PH Algebra 2 with Trigonometry Solution Key from 2001, ISBN 0-13-053359-9 (you can omit all the dashes when searching) or the longer code 9780130533593. It includes both the Try This! exercises, and those at the end of each lesson. I checked just a handful of solutions, and they matched the exercises in the book, so I'm confident this is what's needed for that textbook.

Good luck!

Comment

The series is currently in process of going out of print so I doubt you will get much help from Pearson directly.
          Dorinda

For 2019-2020
          DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
          DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
          DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
          DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Bee View Post

For the Smith Classics edition with ISBN 0-13-133798-X (or 97801313379895, depending which code you use, but it's the same book), I purchased (eBay or Amazon, can't remember) a PH Algebra 2 with Trigonometry Solution Key from 2001, ISBN 0-13-053359-9 (you can omit all the dashes when searching) or the longer code 9780130533593. It includes both the Try This! exercises, and those at the end of each lesson. I checked just a handful of solutions, and they matched the exercises in the book, so I'm confident this is what's needed for that textbook.

Good luck!
            Thanks, Mrs Bee. Just ordered it.
            Katie

2019/20 6th year with MP

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
              The series is currently in process of going out of print so I doubt you will get much help from Pearson directly.
              All the more reason to get ahold of a solutions manual now
              Katie

2019/20 6th year with MP

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post

All the more reason to get ahold of a solutions manual now
                Yes! We're actually about to begin Algebra I, but I wanted to be all set for II well in advance! Glad you were able to find one!

Comment

I just found a website called Slader that has solutions for Algebra 1 Prentice Hall Classics that recently went out of print. I was looking for the solutions manual and came across this. Is anyone familiar with it? I’ll link it below. Would a solutions manual have the same ISBN as the textbook? Sorry if that’s a silly question.

Is the Algebra 2 also out of print?

https://www.slader.com/textbook/9780...ics-algebra-1/
                  Joyfully, Courtney
                  DS13 7th, DS11 6th, DS9 4th, DD7 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerJoy View Post
                    I just found a website called Slader that has solutions for Algebra 1 Prentice Hall Classics that recently went out of print. I was looking for the solutions manual and came across this. Is anyone familiar with it? I’ll link it below. Would a solutions manual have the same ISBN as the textbook? Sorry if that’s a silly question.

The Solution Key book for the Smith Algebra 1 has ISBN 9780130444035 (or the shorter 0130444030. The ISBN of the Smith textbook itself is 9780131337701 (or 013133770X), so no, it's not the same ISBN. Thank you for the link!

Comment

It looks like it isn’t exactly a solutions manual, but a website where people upload answers to the problems.
                      Dorinda

For 2019-2020
                      DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
                      DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
                      DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
                      DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Originally posted by RunnerJoy View Post

This is why high school students should not receive much (if any) grade credit for doing homework. These solution/answer websites are ubiquitous, and students can find them easily.
                        Math homework is practice for the purpose of learning the material/skill, it is not a tool for assessment.
                        Cindy Davis
                        Science and Math teacher at Highlands Latin School - Indianapolis
                        ds-25 college graduate: autodidact, working to pay the bills
                        ds-23 college graduate: 1st year med school
                        dd-21 college senior: Nursing

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy in Indy View Post

This is why high school students should not receive much (if any) grade credit for doing homework. These solution/answer websites are ubiquitous, and students can find them easily.
                          Math homework is practice for the purpose of learning the material/skill, it is not a tool for assessment.
                          This is an interesting take! I just thought of that website as giving *me* another option for quick access to the solutions... My kids are still kept offline, except for MPOA classes. But I see that it's wise at some point to switch from a homework mentality to a test/quiz mentality, so to speak: though I feel quite naive for having had this epiphany only now

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Bee View Post

The Solution Key book for the Smith Algebra 1 has ISBN 9780130444035 (or the shorter 0130444030. The ISBN of the Smith textbook itself is 9780131337701 (or 013133770X), so no, it's not the same ISBN. Thank you for the link!
                            Thank you!
                            Joyfully, Courtney

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy in Indy View Post

Cindy, It never even occurred to me that a student would discover this! How naive! I, too, was thinking of it for myself. I’m glad I posted and you shared your wisdom. I’m going to be teaching Algebra 1 to my oldest and a friend’s child. I’ll have to be sure and let the other parent know these sites exist.

This will be my first year teaching Upper Level Math and first time teaching a child besides my own. In fact, I did everything I could to not teach Algebra, but none of it worked out. I’m going through the lessons myself and doing the homework, while making notes for how I want to teach. I’m thinking I’d like them to read through the lessons and write out all the definitions before I teach the material. Would this work? One student struggles with math and the other catches on fairly quickly.

Thanks for your help!
                              Joyfully, Courtney

Comment

Courtney,
                                How often will you meet to teach the lesson? That will affect my answer.
                                Will you will meet in person once a week (4 lessons)?
                                or
                                Will you meet in person twice a week (2 lessons each meeting)?
                                or
                                Will you meet in person for every lesson?
                                Cindy Davis
                                Science and Math teacher at Highlands Latin School - Indianapolis
                                ds-25 college graduate: autodidact, working to pay the bills
                                ds-23 college graduate: 1st year med school
                                dd-21 college senior: Nursing

Comment

Working...
                                X