Highland Latin 7th-12th chart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highland Latin 7th-12th chart?

At one time I saw a single page .pdf of chart here on the forum that outlined the curriculum HLS teaches for 7th-12th. It was nice because the literature and classical studies titles were listed and it was easy to see the big picture. I didn't save it, and I can't seem to find it again. Would it be possible to re-post it? I seem to remember it looked like a page out of a handbook.

Thanks!
    Last edited by bean; 10-21-2016, 06:16 AM. Reason: need more coffee
    Bean

DD- 9M with subs

Re: Highland Latin 7th-12th chart?

Is this it?

Upper School HLS.pdf
    2018-2019:
    DD 14 | 9th | Foerster Alg, MPOA (Biology, Novel, Henle, AP US, Composition), HSC (Didache Intro)
    DS 12 | 6M | Singapore, AAS, MPOA (Composition)
    DD 10 | 5A | Singapore, AAS, MPOA (Composition)

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferjb View Post
      Is this it?

[ATTACH]508[/ATTACH]
      Yes! I really like it because it also has "instructional time per week", which helps give a sense of how much time each subject takes relative to the others.

Thank-you!!
      Bean

DD- 9M with subs

Comment

Hi,

I really like this sheet, but I guess I am a little confused by what "instructional time" means. Is that the total time spent with the "teacher"? For example, 4 hours per week of Fourth Form Latin would be 4 hours with teacher and then whatever time needed to finish out the Lesson is more or less homework?

Thanks!
        Stacey

Comment

That is correct. It is time students are actually inside a classroom. Homework would be additional time on top of that.

Tanya

Comment

Thanks! Do you have a guess for how much time is expected to be spent in homework per week?

Comment

Our teachers give a little homework in math and Latin on week nights. The only other homework our students have would be preparing for tests or reading a little literature. But our students don't go to school on Mondays, so that day, we assign quite a bit. I'd say that a 7th grader probably spends 3-5 hrs. working on Mon and a high schooler would spend 6-8 hrs.

Tanya

Comment

Thanks! That's helpful!

Comment

Working...
                X