Logic I and II/Rhetoric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logic I and II/Rhetoric

Has anyone waited to take these as electives for 11th and 12th grade? What was your experience?

I feel like my daughter's workload will be heavy enough in 9th and 10th grade. I wanted to see if it would be a disservice to put them off.

Thanks much!
    PAX,
    Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse
    ds -24-Grad school: DeSales U. Physician's Assistant Program
    dd -21-Working and taking online courses for vet tech
    dd -12-7M along with some MPOA classes

"I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books." -C.S. Lewis

Re: Logic I and II/Rhetoric

Hi! All three of my children took Logic I and II by ninth or tenth grade. My oldest then took Material Logic in 11th and Rhetoric in 12th. I don't feel it was a disservice to wait. Because we heavy loaded credits in the first half of high school, he actually had time for rhetoric as an elective. Also, by 12th grade, most students have the maturity that may be lacking in some 9th and 10th graders to speak and argue intelligently. Finally, since we don't cover economics, a half semester of rhetoric worked out really well with a half semester of government my son's senior year. My next, a senior this fall, is also slated for Rhetoric. Youngest will follow suit as well.

Comment

Re: Logic I and II/Rhetoric

Originally posted by runner girl View Post
      Hi! All three of my children took Logic I and II by ninth or tenth grade. My oldest then took Material Logic in 11th and Rhetoric in 12th. I don't feel it was a disservice to wait. Because we heavy loaded credits in the first half of high school, he actually had time for rhetoric as an elective. Also, by 12th grade, most students have the maturity that may be lacking in some 9th and 10th graders to speak and argue intelligently. Finally, since we don't cover economics, a half semester of rhetoric worked out really well with a half semester of government my son's senior year. My next, a senior this fall, is also slated for Rhetoric. Youngest will follow suit as well.
      Thank you!

It seems, as I see it planned so far, that we are a bit *credit heavy* the first two years. I was thinking of doing Logic I and II in 11th and Material Logic/Rhetoric in 12th grade. We also have to take Government according to the PA homeschool graduation requirements.
      PAX,
      Theresa

ds -27-ICU Nurse
      ds -24-Grad school: DeSales U. Physician's Assistant Program
      dd -21-Working and taking online courses for vet tech
      dd -12-7M along with some MPOA classes

"I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books." -C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
      X