High School Composition l from MPOA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School Composition l from MPOA

Hello! I am wondering if anyone out there has taken this class, and if so, what can you tell me about it. I am considering this for a 9th grader who has completed Fable and Narrative, but didn't get too far in Chreia. I think she might have some decent writing skills, but she doesn't love writing -- at least not in the way she loves drawing. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
    Ora et labora,
    Sandra

DD (17) - grade 12 (Divine Comedy, Precalculus, AP Latin, Senior Thesis, Fundamentals of the Faith, American Government, and Economics through MPOA Diploma Program)

DD (13) - grade 9 (Algebra ll, Fourth Form Latin, Logic l & ll, High School Comp. ll, through MPOA. Aeneid/ History of the Romans, Geography lll, and Biology at home)

Re: High School Composition l from MPOA

My daughter did middle school composition 2 which leads into high school comp 2, but assumes the child already completed fable and narrative. They did review fable and narrative for a couple lessons in each. My daughter loved the class and it was much better received than writing with me. My understanding from Mr. Piland at Sodalitas was that high school comp 1 assumes no prior classical composition experience and covers fable, narrative, chreia, and ref/con in one year. I didn't catch what age your daughter is. You might want to post this in the online academy section of the forum since I know Mr. Piland answers questions over there and can give more details.

Dorinda
    Dorinda

For 2019-2020
    DD 16 - 11th with MPOA(AP Latin), Lukeion (Greek4 & Adv. NT Greek), Thinkwell (Economics and Chemistry), plus Pre-Calculus, American G’ment, Early Church History set, and British Lit
    DS 14 - 8th with MPOA(Fourth Form), CLRC(Intro Lit and Comp), plus Algebra, Field Biology, Classical Studies 1
    DS 11 - 6th with Right Start Level G online class
    DS 6 - 1st with Prima Latina

Comment

Re: High School Composition l from MPOA

Yes, thank you, Dorinda! I actually forgot about the online academy section. My daughter is 14. Glad to hear your daughter had a good experience with online writing.
      Ora et labora,
      Sandra

DD (17) - grade 12 (Divine Comedy, Precalculus, AP Latin, Senior Thesis, Fundamentals of the Faith, American Government, and Economics through MPOA Diploma Program)

DD (13) - grade 9 (Algebra ll, Fourth Form Latin, Logic l & ll, High School Comp. ll, through MPOA. Aeneid/ History of the Romans, Geography lll, and Biology at home)

Comment

Working...
      X