updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates

Hi. I'm just looking for updates on a couple of products. Will the Greek Tragedy dvd's and the poetry anthology II study guide be ready by the end of Aug, or at least available in beta form? We definitely need them both for our school plan this year. Thanks.

Jennifer

Re: updates

Hello.

I have 2 sets of the Greek Tragedy dvds ready to go to the printer, and Brett just finished taping the 3rd, so if that one isn't back from the printer, you will at least have what you need to get started at the end of August. And I am hoping to have the British Poetry II Anthology back, but if not, I can send you a beta copy to get started with. We are still putting finishing touches on it before sending it to the copy editor.

Tanya

Comment

Super. Thanks so much!

Comment

Since we're bugging you, how are the CC VI DVD's coming? I don't need them right away, but I'm trying to wait until they are ready before placing my next order.
        Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
        ds 23, graduated
        dd 15, 9th Grade
        dd 12, 6th Grade
        ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Oh, boy. Bad news there. Brett has moved on to a church position in St. Louis, so I have lost my CC teacher! I haven't located another one yet, so I don't really think I'm going to have Encomium dvds this fall unless some miracle plops a CC teacher down in my lap.

Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
            Oh, boy. Bad news there. Brett has moved on to a church position in St. Louis, so I have lost my CC teacher! I haven't located another one yet, so I don't really think I'm going to have Encomium dvds this fall unless some miracle plops a CC teacher down in my lap.

Tanya
            Oh no, that is so disappointing :-( Well, good for Brett, but bad for us! I don't need them for this school year. Any idea how long it will be delayed? Are we talking a year or multiple years?
            Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
            ds 23, graduated
            dd 15, 9th Grade
            dd 12, 6th Grade
            ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

It depends on how long it takes the miracle teacher to plop into my lap.

Comment

It depends on how long it takes the miracle teacher to plop into my lap.
                Well, at least I know how to pray, because I cannot teach CC without the DVD's.
                Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
                ds 23, graduated
                dd 15, 9th Grade
                dd 12, 6th Grade
                ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Keep it up, Sister! Miracles come through prayer.

Here's a fun one: On Thurs. morning of the conference, I got an email from one of the 3rd grade teachers who was supposed to teach half the day. She was sick with a fever, so she couldn't come. I was scrambling around looking for help for the remaining teacher (among the other 50 things I was doing), and suddenly, walking toward me, came one of our 3rd grade teachers who just decided at the last minute to show up and check things out. She had no idea that Anne was sick or that Jessica had been left with the total responsibility for 3rd grade. She just showed up! And went to work.

That's what we need to happen to get the Encomium dvds done.

Tanya

Comment

Keep it up, Sister! Miracles come through prayer.

Here's a fun one: On Thurs. morning of the conference, I got an email from one of the 3rd grade teachers who was supposed to teach half the day. She was sick with a fever, so she couldn't come. I was scrambling around looking for help for the remaining teacher (among the other 50 things I was doing), and suddenly, walking toward me, came one of our 3rd grade teachers who just decided at the last minute to show up and check things out. She had no idea that Anne was sick or that Jessica had been left with the total responsibility for 3rd grade. She just showed up! And went to work.

That's what we need to happen to get the Encomium dvds done.

Tanya
                    Most assuredly! My daughter has vision in her left eye because of a miracle (she got a post operative infection inside her eye when she was 20 months old that should have, at best, left her blind and really should have cost her that eye...but it recovered and is the eye that has the best vision). I'm praying for a new teacher ASAP, and one that we like at least as well as Brett! I checked my schedule, and we don't NEED it until the 2018/2019 school year. I wanted to buy it before then because I wanted the discount for buying V and VI together, but at this point I'll be glad just to get it in time to use it!
                    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
                    ds 23, graduated
                    dd 15, 9th Grade
                    dd 12, 6th Grade
                    ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Tanya,

I just told my daughter the bad news, and she said that we would just have to write him a nasty letter expressing our displeasure of his decision to leave MP, LOL. She also said that he obviously hasn't heard of the "Bethenocentric Theory" (her name is Bethany and that is her made up theory that everything should revolve around her), hahahahaha!
                      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
                      ds 23, graduated
                      dd 15, 9th Grade
                      dd 12, 6th Grade
                      ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Well, Bethanocentric Theory withstanding, it is hard to compete with the call to the ministry. But she is welcome to try to entice him back. We'd take him in a minute!

Tanya

Comment

Well, Bethanocentric Theory withstanding, it is hard to compete with the call to the ministry. But she is welcome to try to entice him back. We'd take him in a minute!

Tanya
                          Very true! If she thought she could entice him back, I'm sure she would try.
                          Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
                          ds 23, graduated
                          dd 15, 9th Grade
                          dd 12, 6th Grade
                          ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Tanya, I added this to my prayer list.
                            Christina

9th grader MPOA/state virtual school, 6th in private school, 4th hodgepodge homeschool (only girl), and a 4 year old pediatric cancer patient.

Comment

Thank you, Christina. I'm sure Brett would be thrilled to know we are praying him back to Louisville as he settles into St. Louis. (But keep it up!)

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                              X