Henle Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henle Questions

I'm comparing the online class schedule with the Ideal Latin Sequence in the catalog and have some questions.

In the schedule in the catalog, it shows both Fourth Form and Henle I as being in 7th grade. Is the student to do either Fourth Form OR Henle I and then go into Henle II? If so, which is preferable?

In the online classes, it shows Henle I broken into two 1-year courses. Can someone explain this?

I don't see any lesson plans for any of the Henle books. Will there be any forthcoming?

I see that there are study guides (perhaps instead of lesson plans?) and other support materials for Henle 1, but there aren't any for Henle II-IV. Will these be made for the rest of the Henle courses?

Thank you :-)
    Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
    ds 23, graduated
    dd 15, 9th Grade
    dd 12, 6th Grade
    ds 10, 4nd Grade

Re: Henle Questions

I'm comparing the online class schedule with the Ideal Latin Sequence in the catalog and have some questions.

In the schedule in the catalog, it shows both Fourth Form and Henle I as being in 7th grade. Is the student to do either Fourth Form OR Henle I and then go into Henle II? If so, which is preferable? Students who have started the Form Series already will continue with it and then move on to Henle II. NEW Latin students in 7th grade may choose to start with Henle I or FF.

In the online classes, it shows Henle I broken into two 1-year courses. Can someone explain this? It is very difficult for new Latin students to complete Henle I in only 1 year, which is why almost everyone spreads it over 2 or even 3 years.

I don't see any lesson plans for any of the Henle books. Will there be any forthcoming? The study guides for Henle I double as lesson plans. Henle II Lesson Plans, as well as Quizzes and Tests, are about to go to the printer and should be available mid-December.

I see that there are study guides (perhaps instead of lesson plans?) and other support materials for Henle 1, but there aren't any for Henle II-IV. Will these be made for the rest of the Henle courses? See the above answer. We may do a guide for Henle III. We will not do one for Henle IV because its content is better covered by an AP course.

Thank you :-) Your welcome

I want to conclude by noting that the Online Academy will always have a slightly different schedule than our Curriculum Packages because students in the Academy have the benefit of trained teachers for each subject. The ideal Latin sequence in the catalog was written for homeschoolers and has evolved and will continue to evolve over the years as we publish new curricula.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

In the schedule in the catalog, it shows both Fourth Form and Henle I as being in 7th grade. Is the student to do either Fourth Form OR Henle I and then go into Henle II? If so, which is preferable? Students who have started the Form Series already will continue with it and then move on to Henle II. NEW Latin students in 7th grade may choose to start with Henle I or FF.

In the online classes, it shows Henle I broken into two 1-year courses. Can someone explain this? It is very difficult for new Latin students to complete Henle I in only 1 year, which is why almost everyone spreads it over 2 or even 3 years.

I don't see any lesson plans for any of the Henle books. Will there be any forthcoming? The study guides for Henle I double as lesson plans. Henle II Lesson Plans, as well as Quizzes and Tests, are about to go to the printer and should be available mid-December.

I see that there are study guides (perhaps instead of lesson plans?) and other support materials for Henle 1, but there aren't any for Henle II-IV. Will these be made for the rest of the Henle courses? See the above answer. We may do a guide for Henle III. We will not do one for Henle IV because its content is better covered by an AP course.

Thank you :-) Your welcome

I want to conclude by noting that the Online Academy will always have a slightly different schedule than our Curriculum Packages because students in the Academy have the benefit of trained teachers for each subject. The ideal Latin sequence in the catalog was written for homeschoolers and has evolved and will continue to evolve over the years as we publish new curricula.
      Thank you so much!! Just to be sure I understand, the order for my homeschooled student who started with First Form in 6th grade should look something like this, right?

6th - First Form Latin
      7th - Second Form Latin
      8th - Third Form Latin
      9th - Fourth Form Latin
      10th - Henle II
      11th - Henle III
      12th - AP Latin online course (instead of Henle IV)

My dd may end up taking the online courses prior to AP Latin (she is already surpassing me rather quickly), but the AP Latin online course is preferable to Henle IV, right?
      Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
      ds 23, graduated
      dd 15, 9th Grade
      dd 12, 6th Grade
      ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Originally posted by Cheryl in CA View Post
        Thank you so much!! Just to be sure I understand, the order for my homeschooled student who started with First Form in 6th grade should look something like this, right?

6th - First Form Latin
        7th - Second Form Latin
        8th - Third Form Latin
        9th - Fourth Form Latin
        10th - Henle II
        11th - Henle III
        12th - AP Latin online course (instead of Henle IV)

My dd may end up taking the online courses prior to AP Latin (she is already surpassing me rather quickly), but the AP Latin online course is preferable to Henle IV, right?
        That looks like a great schedule, and yes, you'll want to take the online AP class instead of Henle IV.
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          That looks like a great schedule, and yes, you'll want to take the online AP class instead of Henle IV.
          Thank you so much!!
          Cheryl, mom to:

ds 24, graduated
          ds 23, graduated
          dd 15, 9th Grade
          dd 12, 6th Grade
          ds 10, 4nd Grade

Comment

Working...
          X