• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Autumn Oak
    replied
    Re: More esson plan thoughts

Originally posted by bean View Post
    Yes. A weekly list, with simple fonts so it's easy to see and use either with MP's digital planner or whatever other system.

This is an example: http://www.derekowens.com/CourseSyll...er=Mr.%20Owens
    Yes, I do like that!...A syllabus would be a wonderful addition to the plans...I am actually trying to create one for my son, so I understand exactly now 😉

Leave a comment:

• bean
    replied
    Re: More lesson plan thoughts

Originally posted by The Autumn Oak View Post
    Hi Bean...

Do you have the MP lesson plans for the subjects you are doing?...If you do (or even if you don't), you can just assign what needs to be done in a week...

For my oldest, I tell him how many of the sections in the student book needs to be done in a week, sometimes it is two or three...Sometimes it only needs to be done once a week...That works for us...My son likes the daily breakdown, but he likes knowing how many sections he has to do that week...If you have the MP lesson plans, it is easy to count and divide up the work...I use the plans, but not day by day...I use them to see what needs to be done that week, and arrange the assignments in a way that is best for us...I really like how the student guides are formatted...Can you explain more what you would like to see change?
    I guess my thought is that a lot of use are doing what you describe in the higher grades (that's what we're doing), so why not set the guides (or individual lesson plans) up to reflect that? This isn't a criticism, more like feedback since MP's still releasing high school level courses.

Leave a comment:

• bean
    replied

Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Bean,

I don't really understand what it is you are asking for. Do you mean all the literature assignments for the week would be compiled into a list, rather than broken down by day?

Sorry for my confusion!

Tanya
    Yes. A weekly list, with simple fonts so it's easy to see and use either with MP's digital planner or whatever other system.

This is an example: http://www.derekowens.com/CourseSyll...er=Mr.%20Owens

Leave a comment:

• The Autumn Oak
    replied

Hi Bean...

Do you have the MP lesson plans for the subjects you are doing?...If you do (or even if you don't), you can just assign what needs to be done in a week...

For my oldest, I tell him how many of the sections in the student book needs to be done in a week, sometimes it is two or three...Sometimes it only needs to be done once a week...That works for us...My son likes the daily breakdown, but he likes knowing how many sections he has to do that week...If you have the MP lesson plans, it is easy to count and divide up the work...I use the plans, but not day by day...I use them to see what needs to be done that week, and arrange the assignments in a way that is best for us...I really like how the student guides are formatted...Can you explain more what you would like to see change?

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied

Bean,

I don't really understand what it is you are asking for. Do you mean all the literature assignments for the week would be compiled into a list, rather than broken down by day?

Sorry for my confusion!

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• bean
    started a topic More lesson plan thoughts

More lesson plan thoughts

I thought of jumping onto one of the other lesson plan threads, but I think this is probably more of high school related comment.

I've bought MP's literature plans this year for sixth and ninth. I also am using some other lesson plans from other providers for some other subjects.

I've noticed for the upper grades, a number of providers go to a weekly format. I've discovered I far prefer this to the daily ones from MP. I really gave up on the MP plans and have had to plan from scratch, especially with the ninth grade lit, but I'm still using the weekly check-off's in the other subjects- I transfer them into our planner at the beginning of each week in a way that makes sense around outside classes, music lessons and sports.

So, I guess my question is would MP consider going to a weekly format as they are just beginning to roll out high school plans? Especially with the weekly blank planners, it could be a nice set up.

Thanks!
    Last edited by bean; 11-04-2015, 08:08 AM.
Working...
X