Poetry Anthology scheduling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poetry Anthology scheduling

I have another question. I have the Poetry Anthology 2 - Elizabethan Age to Neo-Classicism which my oldest will be doing for literature, along with two Shakespeare plays, and 2 novels. I am wondering how to schedule it, and basically, what to do with it. We did the Medieval one last year, which was scheduled in her lesson plan with her literature, but even then, we just sort of read it, and we felt uncertain as to what we were supposed to do with it. I feel that way about this book, and even more so because I don't even know how to schedule it.

Suggestions? Help??
    AMDG,
    Sarah
    2020-2021
    16th Year HSing; 10th Year with MP
    DD, 19, Homeschool grad; college sophomore
    DS, 16
    DD, 14
    DD, 12
    DD, 10
    DD, 8
    DD, 6
    +DS+
    DS, 2

Re: Poetry Anthology scheduling

Hi, Sarah.

We are going to try to get that anthology scheduled into the lesson plans along with the literature, so give us Aug. to work on that. Just reading the poetry together is fine since we don't have a study guide for it. Another option would be to go back and reread the poetry you read last year alongside the study guide that is going to come out soon! That might make your life easier, and by the time you get to the 2nd anthology, maybe David will have the guide ready for you!

Tanya

Comment

Tanya,
      I am confused. The book we did last year (old english period) WAS scheduled in the LP....the one with Beowulf, Gawain, etc. Is the next literature set coming out going to have this next anthology scheduled? Do you know what books it will be scheduled around? Maybe we do just hold onto it....

AMDG,
      Sarah
      2020-2021
      DS, 16
      DD, 14
      DD, 12
      DD, 10
      DD, 8
      DD, 6
      +DS+
      DS, 2

Comment

Sorry I've confused you. We do have the poetry scheduled in the lesson plans, but we haven't had a study guide for it before. You just read it. Now, David has written a study guide that we are in the process of publishing, so you could go back through that same poetry, actually studying it with a guide this time around. It would give you an entirely different perspective on it!

Tanya

Comment

Aha! Super! That would be better! I will plan on that!

AMDG,
          Sarah
          2020-2021
          DS, 16
          DD, 14
          DD, 12
          DD, 10
          DD, 8
          DD, 6
          +DS+