Question about US History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about US History

I am wondering if there will be research essays assigned for the Concise History of the American Republic, homeschool version. How in depth are the Student books? Is there more involvement besides reading and short answer questions? Will there be anything from the 80's till present included? I am undecided which curriculum to use for High School US History for my soon to be 9th grader, I would like to stay all MP but I feel that it isn't complete. I would love to sign him up for the online course, but that is financially unaffordable at this time. I am researching the best option for our family. I would like to incorporate some essays (more than only answering short answer questions) and for the curriculum to continue to present day. I like the older history books as they haven't been changed and seem more accurate. Could you give more detail of how the lessons are set up?

Thank you for your time,
    Heather
    Last edited by Thrilled2haveboys; 07-01-2015, 02:53 PM. Reason: Grammar

Re: Question about US History

The text only goes into the 1980s and we do not fill in from there.

As for essay questions, the only ones included are the ones on the three tests. Essay questions are not a part of the regular work demanded by the study guide.
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Academy Director
    Memoria Press Online Academy

Comment

Thank you for answering my questions.

Comment

In which subjects do students write essays in 9-12 if not in history?

Thanks!
        Last edited by bean; 07-02-2015, 08:25 AM.
        Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my coffee is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

DD 10th: Aerospace enthusiast. All AP & dual enrollment courses for 20-21.

Comment

Currently our students write most in their literature and classical studies courses.

Paul
          Paul Schaeffer
          --
          Academy Director

Comment

Thanks, Paul. That is helpful.

Do they do any "research" type essays in the MP program? Specifically I'm asking about skills such as locating and analyzing sources and documenting with MLA or APA. This seems to be a basic skill most colleges assume.

Thanks again!
            Bean. Long time MP user. I usually post before my coffee is finished. I apologize in advance for my typos and grammatical mishaps.

DD 10th: Aerospace enthusiast. All AP & dual enrollment courses for 20-21.

Comment

We do at HLS but we have yet to figure out how we want to incorporate that into the packages.
              Paul Schaeffer
              --
              Academy Director

Comment

Working...
              X