Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a preview of what will be in the 9th grade Core Curriculum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3girlsforus
    replied
    Thanks so much for all the info. I love the mix-and-match approach. My daughter is the poster child for 'all over the place' and I love that I can make changes and adjustments for her while still having a cohesive program.

Leave a comment:

• Maggie
    replied
    Tanya that is wonderful news!

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Hi, Maggie.

I believe we will have a representative in the Rainbow booth in Wichita. And I believe it will be Martin Cothran. We will have catalogs there and be available to answer any questions and show you our curriculum.

Regards,

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• Maggie
    replied
    This is great, just this week I've been going through the catalog and torking and tweaking what I will do with my young 10th grader, much of what I picked is on that list with a change to math and science. Keep up the good work, your lesson plans make such a difference in my life! They are simple but very helpful. I will keep checking for updates, I wish you guys were coming to KS for convention in Wichita, I didn't see you on the exhibitor or workshop list yet. Is your calender already planned for the 2015 season??

Blessings!

Leave a comment:

• pschaeffer
    replied
    Hello.

There is a more accelerated 9th grade that would have completed the Aeneid in 8th. Those students would do Cicero in 9th. And if they have completed Story of Christianity in 8th, they could do the early church history course in 9th. Math and science would stay the same on either track.

Really, by the time students get to high school, they could be in different places in each individual subject, so I foresee a lot more customizing at this point. And we will always let you put your package together subject by subject. We want it to be the best for your family!

Regards,

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• 3girlsforus
    replied
    Thanks for typing that out for me. Computers are great until they flake out.

I'm moving my 6th grader to more and more MP stuff and I'm a 'big picture' kind of girl. It helps me to see where we are going and make decisions for how to approach things now with an eye on the future. It sounds like there will be two 9th grades.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Well, I do have this list, and I have struggled all morning to get it on here for you, but nothing is working on my computer today!! So I'm going to do it the old-fashioned way and type you a little summary. This is the new slower-paced 9th grade. If you need the original 9th grade because you have already done our 8th grade package as it is, that will be another list.

Book of the Ancient Romans
    The Aeneid
    Beowulf
    Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
    Canterbury Tales
    The Middle Ages
    Henry V
    Poetry, Prose, & Drama Book 1
    Classical Composition: Encomium, Invective, Comparison
    Classics Algebra II
    Henle II
    Story of Christianity
    Concise History of the American Republic Year 1
    Modern Biology

Thanks,

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• Do you have a preview of what will be in the 9th grade Core Curriculum?

I thought I read somewhere that they were will a new Core every year. If so, that means 9th grade would be next year? Do you have a book/curriculum list or preview of what might be in that core?

Thanks
Working...
X