Another high school Latin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another high school Latin question

Do you have any plans to write study guides and record lectures for the Henle 2 and 3 books like you have for the Forms? I find trying to navigate Henle very akward and the "answer keys" are pathetic in not giving many of the answers! I would love for Memoria Press to produce your awesome quality study guides and video lectures for these books. Right now it seems my only option is to stumble along myself or have my son take an online class. I know the online classes are wonderful and the best way to learn, but we lose the flexibility we love about homeschooling (like being able to take two weeks off in the middle of fall to go to Florida with Grandma after she recovered from heart surgery) and it makes a big dent in the budget. I am really hoping you will eventually have some of your gorgeous study books to help us through Henle 2 and 3.
    Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
    DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
    DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
    DS, 21, chemistry major
    DS, 18, Physics major
    DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
    DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
    DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Hello.

We are working on a lesson plan for Henle 2, but that won't really help you with the grammar or with teaching it. It will just help you schedule it. I would like to add dvds teaching Henle II, but I don't have anyone committed to that project yet. It is on my mind that we need to provide more help for Henle, and I will do my best to get that done. Maybe I can find a teacher this summer who would like to do it. I'll definitely ask around! I know that we need more teaching dvds for high school courses, and I am working to make that happen. Check with us in June, and I'll know what we are actually working on this summer because the teachers will be in the middle of completing the projects they have committed to.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Wonderful news. Dvd's will be nice, but let me detail what I would love to see as far as books go. I would love a layout similar to the Forms where you have a study guide book and quizzes/tests. I realize the Henle book is the "text" and there is no need for a real workbook since the exercises come from Henle. I would love to see a "study guide" book that gave clear instruction on which exercises to do in Henle, perhaps even giving room to write the answers in the guide and having sections of review before quizzes and tests. Perhaps even more important than that is a clear answer key! I ordered an "answer key" from a different school and all it is is a photocopy of a very old key that doesn't even have half the answers in it and is very hard to read. I would love a book that tells me what to assign for each lesson (I don't need it broken down by day in daily lesson plans) and has the answers for those and only those sections assigned laid out in a very clear manner. Memoria Press is the master of presenting material in a visually clear manner! Then, I would like quizzes and tests and keys for those. Am I dreaming or could that some day become a reality? What you did with Fourth Form incorporating the Henle exercises is brilliant! I love having the answers to the Henle work right there in the answer key. If you created something similar for Henle 2-3, I would be well pleased!
      Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
      DD, 25, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
      DS, 23, BS '18 mechanical engineering
      DS, 21, chemistry major
      DS, 18, Physics major
      DD, 15, dyslexic, 10th grade customizednMP plus co-op
      DS, 12, super squirmy, possible dysgraphia, MP 7A
      DD, 6 , K- finally one who seems to like drawing and writing- first one since my oldest!

Comment

Working...
      X