Latin placement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latin placement

Trying to decide on a Latin program for my daughter. She's in 8th grade now, doing LC2. It's going very well, but I don't know if I should use Henley next year or do some of the forms series first. My goal is for her to translate. Thanks for the insight.

If your goal is for her to translate well before the end of high school, I would recommend Henle Latin. It will take two years to get through the Year 1 book, allowing her two years to dedicate to translation. Since Henle is not as nicely laid out as the Form Series, I would recommend looking at our online courses to help her through. The pace of learning will greatly increase, so having a teacher available for questions and for once-a-week explanations will be invaluable. You can check out the Latin courses here: http://www.memoriapress.com/onlineschool/classes?f%5B0%5D=field_class_subject%3A24

I would recommend the "High School Henle Latin 1" course. It will start with review of what she has already seen then expose her to new concepts later.

I hope this helps,
    Paul
    Paul Schaeffer
    --
    Director, Schools Division
    Memoria Press

Comment

Working...
    X