First Form Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Form Question

Hi- I am wondering if FF with the dvd's can be done independently by a ninth grader? I like the study guide for Henle 1 for him, but the method of FF better. If so, is there a recommended schedule for this? We are using LC1 right now and I really struggle with a good routine for it.

Thanks, Kristie

Hi, Kristie.

A ninth grader should have no trouble at all completing First Form independently with the dvds. And we do have lesson plans for First Form that you can purchase to keep you on track. My suggestion would be for your student to watch the dvd lesson at the beginning of the week with text in hand. Then complete the worksheets through the week as scheduled on the lesson plans, taking the quiz on Fri. Another possibility if you feel you need even more support is our independent study course through our online academy. It is only $50 a semester, and it gives you access to the syllabus, online quizzes, and the forum where you can get the benefit of help from a teacher by email. The only thing you don't get is the live weekly chats.

Btw, there are lesson plans available for Latina Christiana I if you feel that would help you: http://www.memoriapress.com/curriculum/classical-core-curriculum/lesson-plans-subject

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Thank you Tanya! That is extremely helpful.
      Kristie

Comment

Just one last question: if I sign him up for the independent study can he go at his own pace? No matter when he does it? (Spring, fall)

Comment

That is correct! He has access to the syllabus, but he isn't tied to it. He can take the quizzes whenever he is ready as he works at his own pace.

Tanya

Comment

Just jumping in with a plug for the First Form online class. The pace has been very helpful and the teaching is beyond my knowledge of Latin already.

I am very, very pleased with our experience this far. We would not be anywhere near where we are now if we were doing Latin independently.
            HTH.

Comment

Working...
            X