Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grading Material Logic/High School credit questions

Hello,

My 9th grade son is trying to get through the text book and DVD on his own. How does one grade the work for this subject? The work book is mostly filling in blanks. I don't see any tests or quizzes. Since I don't know the material myself, I have no idea on how to give him a grade for his work. Should I require him to memorize the outlines and flowcharts?

Also, once I figure out how to assign a grade, can I give any high school credit if he gets through this book? Could he get 1/2 credit for Material Logic and another 1/2 credit if he does the Classical Rhetoric next semester?

Thanks!

Lori

Hi, Lori.

We don't have quizzes and tests for Material Logic, so I suppose you will need to assess your student orally with questions from the exercises. You could also assign a grade for completing the exercises. We need to develop quizzes and tests, but we just haven't gotten that done yet. Material Logic does count as 1/2 a high school credit, and so does Classical Rhetoric.

Regards,

Tanya

Comment

Looking ahead to next year - I'll have 10 Material Logic/Rhetoric students. Any chance we'll have quizzes and tests by then?

Thanks!!
      Amanda
      Mama to three crazy boys - 6A, 5A, 1

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by Nerdmom View Post
        Looking ahead to next year - I'll have 10 Material Logic/Rhetoric students. Any chance we'll have quizzes and tests by then?

Thanks!!
        Good afternoon Amanda,

We are in the early stages of this project, so I don't know if we can finish in time for the start of the Spring 2020 semester. Fall 2020, however, should be no problem.

HTH!
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good afternoon Amanda,

We are in the early stages of this project, so I don't know if we can finish in time for the start of the Spring 2020 semester. Fall 2020, however, should be no problem.

HTH!
          Great! I meant next school year - Fall 2020. Thanks!
          Amanda
          Mama to three crazy boys - 6A, 5A, 1

"Non nisi te, Domine. Non nisi te" - St. Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
          X