• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kristi B
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Hello.

We've been looking at this, and it seems convoluted the way Martin has taught it. It looks like he spends the first 48.47 minutes on the introduction and then moves to chapter 1. Then, at 1:08, he does the workbook questions for the introduction. I feel like he probably taught the intro and ch. 1 on the same day because it looks like his clothes didn't change. I'm hoping that after this session, you will find him easier to follow since he is only teaching one chapter at a time.

Beorn, did you watch the intro/ch. 1 yet on the streaming? What are we missing here? (Martin has no recollection of what he did.)

Tanya
    Thank you so much, Tanya! It helps to know it's not just us not understanding it. We will just sit back and enjoy it!

Leave a comment:

• jerrysgal4ever
    replied
    New to MP here, so take it for what it's worth... we just listened to the whole lecture the first week and worked out of the book for Chapter 1 for the second week. I'm enjoying/loving Martin's lectures!! I hope my son is too...

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    So just relax and enjoy the Martin hour? He's one of those teachers we always struggle to rein in! He gets away with a lot around here.

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Beorn, did you watch the intro/ch. 1 yet on the streaming? What are we missing here? (Martin has no recollection of what he did.)

Tanya
    Yes ma'am, I have watched the TL videos on the streaming and we are currently on Chapter 3. I concur with your opinion but I think Chapter 1 starts at the 45 minute and 16 second mark of the first video that is the Introduction and Chapter 1 combined. But yes, it jumps a bit and is a patchwork here and there.

But that's what you'll get as Mr. Cothran loves the material (hello, these first few chapters are badically his wheelhouse - an introduction to Philosophy and Metaphysics!) And he literally *really* (Traditional Logic inside joke) wrote the book.

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied
    Hello.

We've been looking at this, and it seems convoluted the way Martin has taught it. It looks like he spends the first 48.47 minutes on the introduction and then moves to chapter 1. Then, at 1:08, he does the workbook questions for the introduction. I feel like he probably taught the intro and ch. 1 on the same day because it looks like his clothes didn't change. I'm hoping that after this session, you will find him easier to follow since he is only teaching one chapter at a time.

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristi B View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	F1C60998-CC27-4775-ACF4-2DB816BBFB09.png
Views:	205
Size:	885.3 KB
ID:	137751
    My daughter is using Traditional Logic 1, including the DVDs. I was trying to figure out where to stop the DVD for week 1 (introduction) since “lesson 1” includes both the introduction and chapter 1. The list online seems to say that the introduction is just 16 minutes and chapter 1 is another 16 minutes, but the DVD seems to not match that, since the entire first DVD (lesson 1 and 2) is two hours long. What am I not understanding?
    Hi Kristi B. I do not have the DVDs but on the streaming videos, Chapter 1 begins at 45'16" of the first video. Maybe that corresponds to the DVDs as well?

Leave a comment:

• Kristi B
    started a topic Traditional Logic tracks and time

Traditional Logic tracks and time

Click image for larger version

Name:	F1C60998-CC27-4775-ACF4-2DB816BBFB09.png
Views:	205
Size:	885.3 KB
ID:	137751
    My daughter is using Traditional Logic 1, including the DVDs. I was trying to figure out where to stop the DVD for week 1 (introduction) since “lesson 1” includes both the introduction and chapter 1. The list online seems to say that the introduction is just 16 minutes and chapter 1 is another 16 minutes, but the DVD seems to not match that, since the entire first DVD (lesson 1 and 2) is two hours long. What am I not understanding?
    Attached Files
Working...
X