Scheduling recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling recommendation?

I know this seems late to ask, but I'm just now able to get the rest of our school year prepped. For my 9th grader, we're using The Odyssey and Aeneid for literature and BOAG and BOAR for classical studies. I have the lesson plans for all of these and I've taught Greeks/Homer before but I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to schedule them in this setup.

Part of me says we could just do BOAG/Odyssey simultaneously but I do like how BOAG prepares for Homer. Would you start them at the same time or maybe start Odyssey after the first four lessons of BOAG since those cover Crete, Mycenae, Homeric Age, Greek geography, and a mythology review?
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
    DS18: Almost done!
    DS17: MP, MPOA
    DS15: MP, MPOA
    DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
    DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
    DD9: SC3
    DD6: MPK

Good morning, Jen.

We did something similar to what you are planning but started with BotAW before Greeks. We started Odyssey at the same time. It worked out nicely as far as the timing/planning for the year.

Being a long time MP user, I’m sure your 9th grader has had decent exposure from prior years of Myths, FMOR and FMOG. I wouldn’t worry too much about lining things up perfectly 😉
    Katie

DS 17: Senior!
    DD 14: 10th
    DD 10: 6th
    Twin DD's 8: 3rd
    Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Comment

Jennifer,

I agree with Katie. It won't matter if you are doing them simultaneously. Your students already know enough to be prepped for The Odyssey. Tanya

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
        Good morning, Jen.

We did something similar to what you are planning but started with BotAW before Greeks. We started Odyssey at the same time. It worked out nicely as far as the timing/planning for the year.

Being a long time MP user, I’m sure your 9th grader has had decent exposure from prior years of Myths, FMOR and FMOG. I wouldn’t worry too much about lining things up perfectly 😉
        I’m sorry I never replied! This was very helpful. Thank you, Katie (and you, too, Tanya!)
        Jennifer
        Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2021-2022
        DS18: Almost done!
        DS17: MP, MPOA
        DS15: MP, MPOA
        DS12: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
        DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
        DD9: SC3
        DD6: MPK

Comment

Working...