Les Miserable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Les Miserable

Does anyone have a great recommendation for the audio reading of Les Miserable? I checked Martin's list and he doesn't mention an audio recommendation, so I am turning to you guys for help. By the way, I just finished listening to Anna Karenina. It was my companion all summer while canning in my kitchen. As always, Marrtin's recommendation was spot-on. The book was absolutely life changing and David Horovitch was an excellent reader. Now on to Les Miserable. I really need a good audio for car trips and kitchen work. I don't have time to sit down with the book as I am tackling City of God with my junior this year, along with a whole stack of other reads. Thanks for your help.
    Melisa

Homeschooling mom for 11 years

dd - 11th grade using MP
    ds - 9th grade using MP and Kolbe Academy

Excellent on getting through AK! I really enjoyed Bill Homewood as narrator for Les Miserables.
    21/22 - 4th MP Year, Dad & Quadrivium Teacher
    S - 7, 2nd MP @ HLN & Home
    D - 5, K MP @ HLN & Home
    S - 4, Jr K MP @ Home

Comment

When there are multiple narrators on Hoopla for the same book, I put his/her name into Amazon and listen to a sample. I can tell immediately if I'm going to like listening to it. Librivox is also usually great, although not as easy as Hoopla with it's speed control and 15 sec rewind button!

Sorry I don't have a rec.
      Mama to 2

Spring start MP1
      Summer start 5A

Completed MPK, MP1 Math & Enrichment, MP2, 3A, 4A, SC B, SC C,
      SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

Comment

Congrats on AK! For LM, I've listened to Frederick Davidson as it is the only unabridged option available through my library on digital download (Libby). It's listed as 58 hours! There are four other options and they are more in the 5 to 13 hour range. Hopefully that tidbit will be helpful as you look at audio options to make sure you're getting a full reading.
        Happy listening!
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
        12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
        10th • HLN, Latin online, MPOA
        7th • HLN & Home
        4th • HLN & Home
        Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your advise. I definitely want an unabridged version, so thank you Jessica for the heads up. Beorn, I will take a listen to Bill Homewood.
          Melisa

Homeschooling mom for 11 years

dd - 11th grade using MP
          ds - 9th grade using MP and Kolbe Academy

Comment

Originally posted by Melisa Burke View Post
            Thanks to everyone for your advise. I definitely want an unabridged version, so thank you Jessica for the heads up. Beorn, I will take a listen to Bill Homewood.
            Make sure to sample it before buying, Melisa Burke . Audible and Christian Audio has samples to try and some have complained about the audio quality of Les Miserables. Christian Audio has a great sale twice a year where almost any book in its catalog is $7.49/title. That is a great time to stock up on these 50+ hour classics on audiobook. Big savings.
            21/22 - 4th MP Year, Dad & Quadrivium Teacher
            S - 7, 2nd MP @ HLN & Home
            D - 5, K MP @ HLN & Home
            S - 4, Jr K MP @ Home

Comment

Working...
            X